What should Fatshark focus on?

Neither will enemies with better stats do in that case, so what’s the point of Cata 2 and 3 then?
If you are really just looking for a “higher challenge” in terms of Cata 2 and 3 outside weaves there is the modded realm or you can do solo runs (if thats even hard enough).

The only reason to play on official realm, or difference to modded realm, are the rewards you get for completing a mission (means chests and challenges) and since you don’t seem to care about books for better loot and just want a higher difficulty that barely anyone plays anyways on official I don’t see the need for FS to implement those difficulties into the main game… it would just end in another dead queue (like Cata already was some month ago or is at inopportune times)

#just my oppinion, not influenced by any streamer :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Please upload a video of you logging on modded realm and finding a game for C3 Onslaught. I’d love to see it. What streamer would influence these opinions? Have you ever played any modded difficulties or are you just saying words?

2 Likes

Makes no sense what you are saying.

It is pretty apparent you have never played modded difficulty or you wouldn’t say that.

But what ever really, to each his own I guess

2 Likes

And you think that will change if you unlock Cata 2 and 3 on official realm?
I haven’t played modded difficulty yet but that’s not the point, the thing is that you wanted Cata 2 and 3 on official as far as I understood you correctly, didn’t I? If that’s not the case excuse me, I’ll take back what I just said. But if you think that would change anything I wonder if you have played on official once? The simple fact is: there is not a large amount of ppl who play those difficulties and moving those to official realm wouldn’t magically increase the numbers.

My simple question now is, since the thread is called “what should FS focus on?” and you guys want Cata 2 and Cata 3 as “official difficulties” outside of weaves, what do you want to achieve with that change?

I simply said that I’m concerned it wouldn’t change much for you and is probably nothing worth the effort for FS since it just pleases a very few players. I think a LFG in forums/steam/discord is a way faster solution here.

1 Like

So we are back at the “Oh no please don’t cater to the infamous 1% - Please listen us ppl on Recruit to Legend difficulty because we are the majority”

Oh that pesky 1% of a playerbase that ruins it for the rest of us :frowning:

Had to doublecheck if I wasn’t accidentally mistaking this forum for reddit.

Still says fatshark forum though

No idea where this reddit rhetoric comes from?

I think I’m with @Unskinner on this one. Sanctioning C2, C3 and/or Onslaught would make little difference to the game in my opinion. The amount of people playing Cataclysm is already low, partly because you have to pay for a pretty pricey DLC, meaning that you would find practically no one playing on those difficulties, let alone someone actually competent and not memeing. And even for those people who would actually play it, why would they play it on the Official realm? There would be absolutely no reason for me, since I would be missing out on a lot of mods, like unlocking all the cosmetic items (including premium ones wink), crafting any weapon I want on the spot with the exact illusion and properties, and other optional stuff like pausing. It would remain exactly the same way it is now, you would only be able to play it with a premade team, which is how I do it already and I see no problem with it, it’s not super hard to find people willing if you do some QP on Cataclysm, or look for people in Discord or Reddit.

Of course, it wouldn’t be very hard or demanding I assume, but it would just be more bloat to the game that doesn’t need it and wouldn’t change anything.

3 Likes

That’s actually not true. Very few people played Legend Onslaught in 1.6. Cataclysm is minimally different from Legend Onslaught. And a lot of people play Cataclysm. Many people aren’t willing to play on modded for a myriad of reasons. However, if the difficulty is moved to official, history has shown the player base is willing to expand their skills to meet official challenges.

Finding a premade is not the only reason people won’t play modded. It’s also because there is no progression on modded and it feels less like an “official” accomplishment because it’s literally not an official accomplishment. There are no in game challenges or anything like that associated with modded difficulties. People find those very valuable. Furthermore, to play modded, you have to log out of the base game and re-enter the modded server. This means that if you wish to try a modded difficulty, you can’t just q into a game. You have to find a full team and then talk them all into downloading mods and playing a difficulty that gives no reward. That’s a pretty large barrier just to give something a try.

4 Likes

I totally understand your point and I, at no time said i wouldn’t like to see Cata 2 and 3 aswell, it’s just the “is it worth for FS to really FOCUS on that (basically what the title says)”

as @se1z said it is kinda bashing the

I never wanted to insult anyone here, I think @se1z is already a litlle bit pissed about what i said, sry man :flushed: , just wanted to give a, imo realistic, point of view to the situation and why it probably wouldn’t be a “Major point on FS list”

I am not pissed what soever, I am chill as an icecube in the northern sea.

To be fair it did actually sounded the way I described it, you saying it won’t change anything because Cataclysm isn’t played by many.

So what’s the point of Cataclysm then?

It isn’t played by many, why bother right?

Main things I’d like to see is a rework to deeds, weapon balance, traits (looking at you inspirational shot) and talents

I’m happy we’re getting new content and all but I would like to see old/base content updated too. Especially deeds as they feel like relatively abandoned content currently and they’ve a lot of potential to be something awesome, I feel

3 Likes

I mean, focus is a weird way to put it. The work is already done in mods. They would just have to copy/pasta to base game. So I guess it might not be worth if it took 6 months of dev time, but that isn’t really realistic. I think the focus should be in the way of expounding on the base game instead of creating completely alternate modes like weaves, though.

Why are you so petty

Why are you offended?
You havent even been part of this discussion lol

1 Like

So just another veteran with an opinion.
Overall they need to fix the current mechanics so they don’t waste time, money and labor on reinventing the wheel . In order to achieve an interesting game loop where it gives players reason to comeback and of course don’t make the updates look like: “Oh look FS did an update? Pointless stuff meh, might try 2 hours and go home”

FS needs to incorporate the weave magic pot into the regular progression, yes this means a bit more of power creep but would add an extra layer of customization to your weapons and build and people would feel compelled to run Weaves because they are all linked in between regarding progressions.

Deeds needs to be fixed, its a matter of rewards and mechanics applied to it, instead of just random chests go for actual cosmetics that are only achieved through deeds. With that mind every week allow people do dailies or weekly quests to get more deeds so people are encouraged to play the regular game. And instead off Elites one shot you, spawn special mobs to turn things interesting. Just for the sake of example add a mechanic if you kill lots of monster Khorne will look upon and send his Berserkers to make a killing field and the players have to deal with that.

Fix whatever is broken left like Footknight charge for example. Balance the underused weapons, dont mess with the working weapons so people don’t feel you are forcing a new meta to then.
See classes that are underperforming and check the traits.

So instead of trying to create new content that don’t link with the old one they should work how to make the game work in harmony with what have been introduced.

2 Likes

from my understanding the issue with the mods is how time intensive they are on fatshark.

due to the way that fatshark is implementing player mods (verifying precisely what is in them before just allowing them via workshop, for instance)…
fatshark julia has to examine each mod’s coding line by line. each time the game is updated and therefore the mod is updated she needs to examine the coding again.

1 Like

I would be very surprised however if they didn’t use some sort of algorithm to search for malicious or suspicious code bits.

probably do. but she also said a few times that its pretty time consuming to go through the code.

You know, they probably spent so much time on this task at this point that it would have been actually beneficial to include the most popular mods into their code base - like the chat wheel for example - and then maintain it themselves instead of checking all the mods every single new update.

6 Likes

Totally agree. Mod use is mostly down to user preference, but: how is it that we need a mod to know when a player is in white health?
Unobtrusive QoL like that or player list plus should have been included so long ago. Save both the modders and the developers valuable time.

6 Likes

So first of all if I were them, I’d start to work on the 4th Career for other characters as soon as possible, but the main priorities would be the balancing/rework of certain existing careers (talents/passives, weapons) so they don’t fall of the line (RV , FK, HM ) and of course the bugfixes…
As for factions well…Nurgle is not the only chaos god out there and the Rotbloods are either a dishonored or not favored tribe because they are lacking a lot of Nurgle - specific units from the roster (Plaguebearers, Rot Flies, Beasts of Nurgle, Plague Drones,Plague Toads…just to name a few options)… I don’t know whether this is a game-capacity limit or license issue but there are so many options out there, especially with the other chaos gods, ton of enemy type variaton without adding a “new-new” faction.

1 Like