What if we could level our Weapons?

Seriously you really think you can be lucky how many times and call that yet “luck”?
I call that probabilities.

I have surely more than 30 weapons really good… Shotguns of all types for 3 chars (1 zealot, 2 vets), Bolters, Helbore, plasma guns, dagger (zealot), combat axe (10-15 between the 3 chars), tactical axes (2 for the zealot, 2 for vets), heavy swords (mk vi and vii), flamer, colomnus and agri brauto, shredder autopistol, thunderhammer, crusher, PS (mk III and mk VI with PC / sunder / slaughterer), revolver (ok this one is bad anyways) etc.
If I consider what you wrote, I should never have all these weapons as, I quote your ironic sentence

What I said, and said it several times, is that you can obtain weapons you want easily… However, it needs time, and the time you have to spend on crafting is something that exclude de facto casual players and can discourage new players.
However, the locks, that you seem to focus on, are really not a problem if you act wisely.
Again, the problem is the time you need to craft something good , mainly cause we do not get enough materials.

It takes so much time because the odds are also low. Someone can play for as long as you and either have half or double what you have, because it’s still all RNG. Your experience isn’t representative of the experience.

It’s all related, the lock system is the a main cause of it taking a long time to do crafting, since when you get a dud you have to start over again.

The misconception is that everyone will have the same experience you do.

3 Likes

Yes. Let me act more wisely and randomly get at least one correct T4 perk and T4 blessing on my weapon via consecration, so that the locks are not much of a problem.
Or just wisely get great weapons from emp gifts or melk.
I should also act more wisely and just get high and well distributed base stats on my items all the time.

It is rng…

So the problem is not that 99/100 weapons are not even close to what you want, and go straight in the garbage… The real problem is that you can not just make 1000 weapons instead (990 of which will still be bad and go straight in the garbage).

Got it.
No way that the lock system is just bad.

2 Likes

How many hours have you played?

1 Like

1 299 hours. That’s why I say that the crafting system has a big flaw… you have to spend too much time to get what you want. This is something that needs to be addressed by Fatshark.
I love to test the games. I took that from a game where I have been part of the development as a beta tester.
So, I can assure you that I test lot of configurations of blessings / perks. And, from my tests, when I want to test something, I always find what I want as blessing combination. Tbh, I have sold lot of weapons that I was not convinced by them or given to the Omissiah to learn the blessings.

And so, I repeat that I agree that the system has a flaw. It requires too much time to craft what you want (tbh, if you act wisely, you can save a lot of resources). But, however when you see how many damnation missions are needed to try to craft one weapon… 3 missions with 700 / 800 plasteel… and let’s consider for the malice’s player, it is 7 missions. 25-35 minutes per mission.
This is too much time that a new player has to spend to craft one weapon… that will surely not perfect, even that could be just good. This is the problem actually, the time you have to repeat something with one character, and even if you would love to play an other one cause of the resources per sillo, is insane.
That’s why I repeat that locks are not the problem. Also, I think that Fatshark will repeat what they did with VT2… one day we will get red weapon… the question is, what Fatshark will allow us to do with these red weapons.

2 Likes

Okay, so you’ve played so long that you’ve managed to get the RNG to finally favor you…and you don’t seem capable of processing that maybe, just maybe, the RNG is the problem keeping you from getting those good weapons?

2 Likes

Winds of Magic’s item leveling would have been perfect in this game.

6 Likes

Honestly if we could level our weapons and pick out Perks and Blessings, I wouldn’t mind it. I’d be moderately salty at the grind but virtually every PvE game has such things and it wouldn’t at all have stopped me from having fun. My beef with the current system is the inability to choose or improve things since it’s all up to RNG: if I was instead capable of sinking dockets, plasteel, diamantine, game time, enemy kills, whatever, into improving the weapon’s base stats and changing out its blessings, I’d probably even be fine with things being entirely locked since it’d be my choice how a weapon got upgraded and getting a new one would be the product of just going to Brunt’s until I got one I found easy enough to upgrade.

Heck, if they implemented this I’d reinstall right away and start in on playing just to get Thrust 4 on my thammer or something.

4 Likes

As I said… I have close to everything I wanted.
What I miss:

• any thrust T4 for thunderhammer to upgrade my 374 crucis (actually slaughterer T4 + thrust T3)
  • 1 shredder autopistol 370+ with or pinning fire 4 or blaze away (I have actually a 378 with pinning fire 3 and blaze away) on my zealot

But tbh, this is what I wait for… however, I will surely test new weapon configurations. I like testing new weapons (last week I have played seriously with the helbore for the first time, and I think I will play with it a lot). And I can assure you that locks are not the problem.
Problem is the time you have to spend to get what you want. Here, Fatshark needs to review the balance they introduced in the game. They just need to tweak values to allow players to craft more things. They also need to permit us to get 370+ weapons… at least, that’s my opinion.

Also, cause it seems several never noticed that… I don’t like RNG. I would have preferred a system where you have to spend points, depending of the consecrating level, and where you could choose freely any attributes of your weapon: blessings (none, 1 or 2, tiers, blessing), perks (none, 1 or 2, tiers, perk) and modifiers. In this system there would be no perfect weapon, as you would have to choose the weakness of your weapon. Well, we won’t get something like that.

Will it forbid me to play DT? This is not cause I don’t like the system that I can’t take fun in a game. I love Darktide cause of melee combat, its weapons and the fun you take in the missions.
Are the locks restraining me in my pleasure? no. From my experience, even an average weapon can be used efficiently. I have even used bad weapons for a long time (was thinking it was a great shotgun… but it was a 343 one without even good perks).
What I miss more in the game is content. I want more missions, new subclasses, eventually new weapons (please… more melee weapons), and fixes / balance for blessings and weapons.
I agree that Fatshark needs to address the crafting problem. However, I won’t ask for the locks removal (cause it makes the system they created pointless) and I don’t want a progression system. This is really something I hate in games (personal opinion). In DT the progression system is enough short to not annoy me too much.

Being able to craft the same amount of things in a shorter amount of time won’t fix the issue either.

The locks is the main factor in making you have to craft that many things to get the thing you want, crafting 2000 things faster still has the same issue that you are still throwing 1999 of them away. Losing the resources for absolutely no gain because of this slot machine system is unsatisfying, no matter how long it takes to get them.

1300 hours to reach the end of itemisation (which is still progression of a sort) is not short.

What’s the point of new weapons if it takes 100+ hours to “unlock their potential”?
What’s the point of new missions if the random mission selection means you can’t play them (at the difficulty/modifiers you want) when you want to?

Everyone wants new content, but if the game systems prevent you from accessing that content then I’d rather they fix or change those systems first.

5 Likes

Thread scribed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.