What does the vet lack?

I’ve played a bit of vet recently and it just feels a bit jank maybe like the strongest thing is the power sword by a decent margin the non recon lasguns do decent damage if you can aim well but I feel like I don’t quite get enough toughness or just other forms of survivability.

Ammo.

Ammunition is by far the biggest obstacle on my way to 1.8mil, even when being the most heinously proactive ammo thief on the EU!

Vet right is among strongest classes in game after buffs, it’s not vet who is lacking.

What gun do you need that much ammo for

As I see things it goes psyker ogryn zealot scum skit vet and arbites in last

Columnus Mk VIII

And it has 560 ammo reserve with Fully Loaded, so its actually not that much ammo.

Is that an autogun honestly the best damage I’ve done was with the power sword the next best build was with the laspistol but that didn’t have remarkable dps

Infantry Autogun, right now probably the best weapon for Exe+MMF

More weapon variety. Which would ironically be solved if the developers decided to actually buff the autoguns. They’re just so bad compared to the other stuff the Veteran has access to.

Vet is ridiculously strong in the hands of a really good player. Or a competent player with a good team. Unfortunately, none of those three things are the most common encounters in Darktide. And a lot of their strongest builds/talents/weapons are also terribly one note and boring to boot.

So yeah, vet is kinda lacking. Lacking creative design solutions to make the most populous class more forgiving for worse players. And without creating another broke ass high level monster like psyker, ogryn, or scum. While also lacking in tools that are more fun and interesting to play. Instead Fatshark just keeps piling on more damage when the class already craps out damage like crazy.

One 10% toughness damage reduction node which stacks additively with the other.

Vet used to have two 5% nodes and one 10% node. And then they removed the two 5% nodes. Since then it has been unplayable for me. (I hate iron will and shout).

So yeah I absolutely agree that vet is the squishiest class by far. No melee on hit toughness replenishment and no toughness damage reduction make him overly dependent on kills. Without combat abilities and god like gaming skills he cannot even take on a chaos spawn…

Vet lacks actual unique 40k weapons. Where are Hellgun, Longlas, Melta, Plasma Pistol, Power Fists, etc!?

Iron Will just doesn’t exist, I guess.

I can say the same about psyker, yet, people here try to convince me that flame staff psyker is always strongest character on the team regardless of anything else.
Not long before patch i played 10 or so games of auric malestorm as zealot and here’s 2 psykers from these games, i am not even sure that the one with big damage was with flame staff, he could’ve been electro one.

psykers


And other classes no? it’s better now that was before patch thanks to extra talents.

Maybe it’s lacking creative ways, but gold toughness and stealth are among the most forgiving things in darktide, veteran got talents that let him regenerate toughness at range and from nades, speaking of which he got grenade that negates range threat for him and everyone else on the team.

Veteran is above and beyond in forgivness for newish players than psyker or scum, his strongest weapons completely annihilate bosses and other enemies just like scum and psyker, but have better suited kit to get away from mistakes.

Reading is hard, innit?

To be fair it only protects you from the start of a stalkers volley or the first tick of flame

Dodge loops aren’t super hard but getting effective damage at the same time is way more inputs

I think veteran is doing just fine in terms of power, especially after this last patch. No class is supposed to be good at everything, and we shouldn’t lose perspective on that.

Now if you want to say he’s not fun to play or his weapons aren’t interesting, that’s a different story.

Nah, you’re on your own. I can’t relate to you on this one. I’m sorry to hear about that, though.

It’s a great way to KEEP your Toughness high if you actually know how to play Veteran.

That combined with Exectstance regen almost remind me of pre patch 13 Vet lol.

Just hold my gun and keep shooting while giving zero f about enemies bashing the back of my head.

Dunno why anyone would refuse to take Iron Will though, it’s pretty mandatory on Vet at this point.