Weapon Ideas and Combat Concepts

So, what originally started as a retrospective on the decision to change the classes to Archetypes, became a discussion about the weapons that are in the pipeline and others that would be nice to see in the future.

Here are some of my thoughts about weapons, that we may not ever get to see but would be fun to conceptualize.

Weapons:
Power Axe (Preacher cleave power weapon, Light Variant is one blade, medium is double bladed, heavy variant gets a heavy blade with a pick/hammer for piercing/knockback maybe?)

Repentance Flail (Preacher crowd control weapon with a wide sweeping knockback, or a low damage crowd control with high damage smash)

Shock Club and Shield (Veteran, high defense stun weapon that can block ranged similarly to the deflector blessing, variants can include a light high mobility, standard shock, and maybe the heavy could be a Scorch Stick that inflicts burning stat instead of shock?)

Psykana Claws (Psyker, assassin build, mobility rivalling either the combat blade or the strike axe, each strike is Psy charged but increases the users peril with every attack. activated attack is a single enemy dash/charge. Light Variant has better crowd control stats, heavy variant has better armor piercing.)

Crush Gauntlet (Ogryn slaps a lot of things with his big meaty fists, he should protect those big meaty fists with an even bigger, meatier fist. It doesn’t even have to be powered.)

Lascannon (Ogryn charged beam weapon. Think Spartan Laser from Halo, or maybe just a semiautomatic weapon for the Ogryn)

ABILITY ALT

If an Ogryn is stopped mid-bull rush by a non-monstrosity, I think they should grab the offending Elite and throw them in the direction of the charge, similarly to the mutant.

I also think Psykers should be able to quell peril while they have non force melee weapons equipped, since they can quell with bare hands.

Reloading with a melee weapon equipped as a Preacher should cause you to perform a taunt, which will either aggro the nearest enemy towards you, or kickstart toughness regeneration to allies in coherency.

Reloading a full las weapon as a veteran should overcharge the first shot, causing it to do double damage, and expend twice as much ammo.

I’m aware some of this is really hard to add, but it is also fun and lore supported in some cases. I’d love to hear more about other ideas and concepts you all have been excited for, even if it’s not necessarily plausible!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.