Weapon attachments were not added to the game because "[Darktide] isn't COD, nor was designed to be COD." - Fatshark Hedge

Did they ? I played the Beta and only on release day did i realize that if crafting wasnt even in, much less would the attachment system be.
When playing the Beta i hoped there would still be some remnant of it on release.

The weapon system makes a lot more sense if you include scopes on the head hunter auto guns for sure.

At the moment they are pretty weak because really you need to hit the head and have the headshot related damage buff blessings to make them work properly imo. Now imagine them with a 4x scope and headshot related blessings.

Some people found a way to make them work and use and enjoy them sure but I think from a game design perspective they where supposed to have a scope. The hellbore lasgun family too I think.

I also think every weapon should have a flashlight.

Find it hard to believe they will never put it in the game it might be something that’s been shelved for the moment but turns up later.

1 Like

The point is that the flashlight should be an option. So if you want to do the lights out with the scope and no flashlight…

CoD wasn’t the first game to have weapon attachments. So that excuse for not having attachments is nonsense.

I’m not sure why they’d be against having something as basic as weapon customization in a game with FPS mechanics. It boggles the mind, but then again this wouldn’t be the first time they put garbage game design into Darktide, or in this case didn’t put the good game design/mechanics in. A weapon attachment system is a very basic feature these days, so it really sticks out when it’s not there.

They should at least add scope options to the guns, maybe also add the ability to change between a flashlight or bayonet etc. for the special attack slot.

1 Like

It has never been the real excuse, it is just a rather condescending reply by a certain CM (name not provided to protect anonymity). To be honest, since I have no idea how that conversation went, it might not have been condescending at all in the original context and rather smart, but it became a symbol of Fatshark’s communication failures, such as the absolute silence on this issue.

I’m sure they had their internal reasons to drop it, though the game feels like it would benefit from such attachments. Maybe they plan to put the feature in in the future, which is why they don’t talk about it, maybe they just don’t want to close the door on it completely… the point is that the moment something is mentioned, there are people who will blow it out of proportion, asking thousands of questions, prying every extra bit of information and getting insulted for not getting the answers that satisfy them/that Fatshark doesn’t know at that moment.

2 Likes