We should have new heroes, but all at once

Please no person that is actually known in the lore.
If fatshark were to release a new character (and this would be a tremendous amount of work worthy of a full price DLC addon), I’d much prefer them to have all the artistic freedom they need.
As for multiples … that can’t possibly be economically be viable.
Having additional voice lines for lohner, as well as interactions with every single one of the existing heroes, and maybe aven two at once, sets of fresh weapons and animations… It becomes more difficult with every new one added.
Much more in favour of extra careers, maybe even some a bit more out there.
Oh, and no to new races that would likely incur additional licence fees unless they significantly change/add to gameplay.

1 Like

If Fat Shark has enough resources I don’t see a problem with new characters. Since we would pay for those characters any way, it would be financially profitable for FS as well. If they are planning to work on this series for another 5-10 years there should be more characters, at least 1 per year if they are planning on episodic DLCs, or 3 per every iteration if they continue the franchise with VT3, VT4 etc…

I agree. I don’t want to play an established character from the Warhammer world. Sure, we can have them as allies, but not as playable characters.

Going back to the original theme, which you prefer guys:

• 1 DLC with a hero, with the possibility of having several DLCs of that style
  • 1 great DLC with several heroes at the same time

1 hero only, it’s not realistic to expect several high quality heroes at the same time.

2 Likes

1 dlc with 1 hero. Perhaps a map to go along with the new hero.

Personally I would dislike greatly to see a playable vampire, even Genevieve. Lohner mentioning her is certianly no confirmation, only flavor. Victor hates the undead, so. We are besides, primarily in Reikland and should new characters be introduced certainly it would be a safe assumption that a character from area surrounding it would be chosen.

I would say its probably another hero from the empire given the variety to draw from if ever introduced, like mentioned a grey wizard. But perhaps a dwarf or bretonnian, who knows - its but speculation and from what I’ve gathered nothing is at the moment confirmed.

Personally I expect to see 4th career to the existing heroes before we see a new hero alltogether, simply because of dialogue and the heavy effort needed to implement more in between all existing characters and a new one.

2 Likes

She is a Brettonian and was in Slyvania during the end times. She stated she would be heading to her homeland. Which means she would actually be passing right through the area where our heros currently are.

Either way, looking forward to a new character

1 Like

Oh, please, no!
Characters need to different, and unique. They need character and have different roles. Sure, there is need to have significant overlap so at least 2 players in a given team can fill the same role, simply because they like that role.
But each character does the job slightly differently, and they still are differentiable.
One more character? Well, maybe. An extra career? Sure.
But 3 or 4? I can’t imagine how they will keep that fresh. Especially within their technical limitations.

1 Like

I think it would be most likely that we only get 1 new hero at a time. I imagine that the amount of work going into their look, animations, skills, talents, etc. is a lot of work that would require a lot of time. Rather than waiting 2 years for 2 heroes, I’d rather wait 1 year for 1 and another year for another (personally).

Accompanying them… maybe a map or two? A new boss? The ability to equip the VT1 skins and still be able to change the head-piece on any character? (the latter is something I’ve wanted since launch)

1 Like

Yet we are allowed to have a shade on the team, beyond all the reasons why its wrong the elf can even be a shade, any dark elf worth their salt, would murder the Uber 5 in their sleep.

3 Likes

I was about to go on some kind of tirade about how idiotic it would be to completely ruin the whole Old World ethos, disregard centuries of racial hatred and basically stick two fingers up the pineapple fritter of the entire GW lore while systematically destroying the integrity of the whole UB5 by including a vampire…

**- Age of Sigmar appears, it is super effective!*-

stupidVampire

Here she is, really good fit for the UB5.

[e4dit] ninja’d by @Revy , although I think a Shade is a semi-squint-after-five-pints kind of plausible picture, while an entirely new vampire is too sudden a jolt.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree that a vampire wouldn’t be the best fit for the Uber-Doober 5, a Shade is equally as dangerous, heretical, and downright mean as any vampire on the planet. Rather than drinking blood they just bathe in it. Huge improvement.

Needless to say, the picture therein does say a lot about vampires. I think what I mean to say is… if we have a Shade, a Vampire isn’t a far out thought. Even so, I do agree that they are both very weird allies for the End-Times.

As Geneviève Dieudonné says, “Strange times make for stranger alliances” :stuck_out_tongue: I know the high elves refer to her student she turned as the “enemy of my enemy”. None the less, it’s not that uncommon for the Empire and even the dwarfs to hire vampires and necromancers as mercenaries.

2 Likes

I Just want The Warrior Priest for Victor with dual Hammers , ya do whatever ya wanna do

1 new hero every year would be great. Maybe for the anniversary.

The castle has enough rooms for new heroes on the team, for example: A new wizard in the lonely tower, a room at the top for a grail damsel, one of the doors under the mountain for a young vampire(Genevieve), there is also room for a lizarmen near the water that falls from the mountain. The possibilities are endless.

2 Likes

And that’s dumb too, I’d invite Shade removal from the game with my arms wide open - it’s pretty much impossible to balance and the whole premise - boss removal - actually drains a lot of fun out of the game, because the challenge of boss fight is no longer there any more.

I would agree but man, outside of their boss killing BS, dual daggers are really really really fun to use.

1 Like

I’m sure If they want to run the game for 5 - 10 years there will be a 4th Career for every Hero

1 Like

I don’t even think that is supposed to be Genevieve, doesn’t she have dark hair? Anyway, she’d not look very intimidating, she was turned when she was 16 and is noted to look like her age.

The biggest problem with the Genevieve books is that lore was retconned after they were written. While it’d be fun to see her, those issues would have to be tackled; in her books, vampires are not outlawed (just disliked), mutants aren’t even outlaws (again, just disliked), Drachenfels was basically Nagash before Nagash, and numerous other things that don’t mesh with later lore.

@Krator, I just noticed you replied to what I was saying earlier, regarding a Lizardman breaking immersion.

Why? We already have giant angry meatballs, and comical ratmen. You kinda forget this is about having FUN. A fish out of water character is entertaining if done right (and with FS’s writing skills, I expect it would be). Kerillian is already a 1-of-a-kind character. Yes, the characters conform to generic archetypes - but with the careers, we’ve got most bases covered (that fit into the game, at least; healers are obviously an issue in this gameplay style). It would be fitting to reach out for newer things. As for their coloration; Jurassic World’s blue raptor kinda shows how you can adjust tone to make even unexpected colors not seem too odd for a more serious setting. I don’t imagine any Lizardman character to be too bright in color, but have a more dulled look.

Honestly, if we were to get more characters, and they were extremely “normal”, I’d be disappointed. I want different things. If they released Cousin Okri as a character, I’d be extremely “meh” (unless he was voiced by Brian Blessed). I HOPE that Fatshark wants and can do more interesting things.

@Angerblaze - Obviously I can’t do a poll, but if we look at likes in this thread, we can see that pro-Lizardman posts like mine have a lot more than ones against. Very limited data, obviously, but still suggests an interest.

2 Likes

You actually can add a poll to any post. Click the little gear icon when you edit a post or make a new one.

SHOULD HE ADD A POLL?

• Yes
  • No
  • Elves are better than dwarves

0 voters