We need statements and a roadmap

Darktide has been met with a mixed reaction by many of us - the core gameplay is good, but there are some flaws etc, I won’t repeat the entire thing. There’s a reason so many are on this forum instead of having refunded immediately or giving up on the game at least for the time being, there’s no denying that.

But there’s also no denying that there are - at least seemingly - broken promises on behalf of people at FatShark when it comes to features. I won’t go into the lot, and I’m sure I don’t even know about all of it, but I will use this article from the previous thread as an example:

Fatshark aims to take the lessons it has learned from Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide and Warhammer: Vermintide 2 to make Warhammer 40,000: Darktide a bigger and better experience across the board.

You shouldn’t expect to binge Warhammer 40,000: Darktide for a few weeks and be done with it – Fatshark is leaning heavily into the live service model and will release new campaign episodes on a weekly basis.

There’s customization here, too, of course. You’ll be able to trick out the Lasgun and various other weapons with scopes and attachments, allowing you to perfectly tailor your weapon to your preferred style of gameplay.

What I’m asking for, and believe many others do, too, is a statement on whether that article was misleading, and, if it was, why you didn’t bother to correct it.

If it wasn’t, what happened to those promises? Are they, along with many others, still in the works, or were they dropped during development?

Of those that are still planned, when can we expect them? And please, no more “soon”, just please, start speaking to us straight.

You have a dedicated fanbase, and while yes, announcing that some features will not be included any more will get people to abandon the game, I think trying to keep silent and hoping that it all blows over soon will do so even more.

5 Likes

Wow that first quote you show, about “lessons learned from V1, and V2”

This couldn’t be more wrong, it’s completely false

4 Likes

We need anything ANYTHING on what Fatshark is planning to do with this game. Are they going to abandon it similar to an unrelated game that Fatshark didn’t develope, but gives me bad memories - Necromunda: Underhive Wars. Or are they going to stick with Darktide and work on gaining supporters back.

1 Like

We’ve gotten Fatshark roadmaps before, they mean NOTHING! They need to start actually adding things into their games instead of just giving us empty promises. Just look at V1, it still says “modding support coming soon” in the launcher. V2 was promised to have dedicated servers, but that never happened. I don’t care about any promises they give because they never deliver.

It’s just that the roadmaps they have are not going to make the players very happy, so why share?

Oh you wanted a new class? Open your wallet for the cash shop & prepare to pay for more character slots as well.

Oh you wanted a crafting system? We’ll ignore the successful(ish) one we had in V2 and fart around with 1 perk limitations.

Oh you wanted build variety? It’s the 75DR build for you, or enjoy being swiss-cheesed in the higher difficulties.

Exciting locals? Nah - here is generic dark corridor #2304892132 get used to it…

A scoreboard? Meaningful rewards? - Here is curio with XP gain for you level 30 character…

It’s borderline hypocritical at this point.
Fatshark has shown that they’ve learned nothing, and even devoted to making things worth from what they’ve done in V1 and V2 overall.

There is no evidence to support that they will abandon it.

We already had pretty crappy v1 and v2 launches that they worked to improve.