I’m late but I’m throwing some ideas up anyway. BH suffers from most of their talents having their best effectiveness with the Crossbow, limited control choices and no backfoot options. If a talent is not mentioned, then I didn’t think it required any alterations. Here are my ideas:
Condensed List of Suggestions
- Ult generation on taking damage reduced to 0.25 (from 0.3), increased to 0.3 (from 0.25) on dealing damage.
- Quick Release ‒ Renamed to Blessed Strikes. Killing an enemy with a melee strike reloads half of your clip or 2 shots whichever is lowest.
- New passive ‘Bounty’ ‒ Tagging an enemy and dealing the most damage to it by the time it dies restores 3% of your ammunition.
- Paymaster ‒ Changed to thp on cleave.
- Steel Crescendo ‒ Now triggers at if you reach 10% ammo capacity. Rising above 10% deactivates the effect after 10s.
- Weight of Fire ‒ Now also increases ranged cleave by 20%.
- Blessed Combat ‒ Killing an enemy with a melee strike resets the cooldown of the Blessed Shots and increases range power by 15% for 7s. Range kills increase melee power by 15% for 7s.
- Prize Bounty ‒ Causes Blessed Shots to give two ranged critical hits, the first of which consumes no ammo. Second shot will only be a crit if fired within 3s of the first shot.
- Rile the Mob ‒ Renamed back to Hunter’s Pursuit. Range critical hits increase movement speed by 20% and dodge distance by 10%.
- Salvaged Ammunition ‒ Now restores 20% ammo if you did the most damage out of all of your allies to an elite or special by the time it dies while at 10% or less ammunition.
- Locked and Loaded ‒ Shotgun effect of base ult’s spread increased. Narrower spread for friendly fire detection added to the pellets (similar to the Drakefun). Pellet dmg increased by 5%.
- Just Reward ‒ Only triggers its effect on Blessed Shots crits. Cooldown icon added. No longer triggers when ultimate is off cooldown/already recharged (this prevents it from being wasted).
- Double-shotted ‒ Now increases the cleave of the sniper bullets by 100%. Penetrates mansized armoured elites. Scoring a headshot reduces cooldown by 60%.
- Indiscriminate Blast ‒ Spread of buckshot increased further, sends Victor backwards a distance equivalent of a 1.10 dodge backwards when fired and flat 50% CDR added. Replaces live’s listed effects and unlisted 25% CDR.
Passives/Level 5 Talent Changes
BH’s ultimate generation is currently 0.25 on hitting enemies and 0.3 on taking damage for BH. From my perspective, this seems backwards for a squishy range career, so I propose these values be swapped with each other.
“Killing an enemy with a melee strike reloads half of your clip or 2 shots whichever is lowest.” Renamed to Blessed Strikes.
Live overlaps with Salvaged Ammo. Reload effect taken from SA. 1 Xbow bolt=2 kills. Saltz’ other range weapons get 2 shots from 1 kill.
New passive ‘Bounty’
“Tagging an enemy and dealing the most damage to it by the time it dies restores 3% of your ammunition.”
This would be a minor passive that would help BH’s ammo sustain compare to the sustain of the other ranged careers and lessen BH’s reliance on Scrounger and Salvaged Ammunition.
Changed to temporary health on cleave from healshare. I would apply such a change to all careers (the healshare talent being replaced by a career appropriate thp talent).
Level 10 Talents
“If your ammunition reaches 10% or less capacity, power and attack speed are increased by 15%. Rising above 10% capacity deactivates the effect after 10 seconds.”
This makes the talent less punishing if you get unlucky. It also increases the micro if you gain ammo due to the shortened effect duration.
Weight of Fire
“Ranged weapon magazine size increases power level 1.0% for each ammunition available. Increases ranged weapon cleave power by a static 20%.”
Live version doesn’t effect cleave. Adjusted to also increase ranged cleave by 20%. This allows the Volley Crossbow to cleave Marauders at the cost of the other two talent choices.
Level 20 Talents
- Blessed Combat
“Melee kills reset the cooldown for Blessed Shots and increase range power by 15% for 7 seconds. Killing an enemy with a range shot increases melee power by 15% for 7 seconds.”
Streamlines micro. Power buff activates alongside Blessed Shots reset.
- Prize Bounty
“Blessed Shots gives two ranged critical hits, the first of which consumes no ammunition. The second shot will only be a critical hit if fired within 3 seconds of the first shot.”
The second crit would still use ammunition as normal. This should help make the talent more competitive. Useful for burst range dps and sustain.
Level 25 Talents
Rile the Mob
“Range critical hits increase movement speed by 20% and dodge range by 10%.” Renamed back to Hunter’s Pursuit.
The live talent serves no purpose. This gives BH a solid mobility option ideal for clutching.
“While at 10% or less ammunition, dealing the most damage to an elite or special by the time it dies restores 20% of max ammunition.”
Less reliant on dealing the killing blow to elites. Now works against specials.
Level 30 Talents
Base ult’s shotgun spread increased. Narrower spread for friendly fire added (like Drakegun) to compensate for increased friendly fire risk. Pellet damage increased by 5% for Marauder bodyshot 1 shot crit 1 pellet breakpoint with 20% crit power, 10% Chaos, Open Wounds and Blessed Combat without Hunter.
Now only triggers its effect on Blessed Shots crits. Cooldown icon added. Can no longer trigger when Locked and Loaded is off cooldown/already recharged (this prevents it from being wasted).
“Modifies Victor’s sidearm to fire two powerful bullets in a straight line with 100% increased cleave that penetrate mansized elites. Scoring a headshot reduces the cooldown by 60%.”
Live talent is a one-trick boss deleter. Increased cleave diversifies uses. Retains high skill ceiling and effectiveness against bosses (still 60% CDR against a boss + more damage).
“Modifies Victor’s pistol to fire two blasts of shield-penetrating pellets in a wider cone that sends Victor backwards. Reduces the cooldown of Locked and Loaded by 50%.”
Now sends Victor back a distance equivalent of a 1.10 dodge when fired. Mobility aspect and wide spread makes this talent competitive as a control/safety option for BH.