I’m late but I’m throwing some ideas up anyway. BH suffers from most of their talents being optimal with the Crossbow, limited control choices and no back foot options. If a talent is not mentioned, then I didn’t think it required any alterations.
Condensed List of Suggestions
- Ult generation on taking damage reduced to 0.25 (from 0.3), increased to 0.3 (from 0.25) on dealing damage.
- [Quick Release] ‒ Renamed to ‘Blessed Strikes’. Scoring 3 melee headshots reloads your magazine or 2 shots whichever is lowest. Includes headshots from secondary targets in cleave.
- New passive ‘Bounty’ ‒ Tagging an enemy and dealing the most damage to it by the time it dies restores 3% of your ammunition.
- Paymaster ‒ Changed to thp on cleave.
- Steel Crescendo ‒ Now triggers when emptying half of your magazine or firing 3 shots, whichever is highest. Power and attack speed buff duration decreased to 10 seconds.
- Weight of Fire ‒ Now increases ranged power by 1/3 of your ranged weapon’s max ammo capacity (e.g. Repeater has 60 shots=static 20% buff). Power increase affects ranged cleave.
- [Blessed Combat] ‒ Blessed Strikes now resets Blessed Shot’s cooldown and increases ranged power by 15% for 10s. Landing a Blessed Shot increases melee power by 15% for 10s.
- Prize Bounty ‒ Now causes Blessed Shots to make two ranged shots consume no ammunition.
- Rile the Mob ‒ Renamed back to Hunter’s Pursuit. Ranged critical hits increase movement speed by 20% and dodge distance by 10%.
- Salvaged Ammunition ‒ Now restores 5% ammo if you did the most damage out of all of your allies to an elite by the time it dies.
- Locked and Loaded ‒ Shotgun effect of base ult spread increased. Narrower spread for friendly fire detection added to the pellets (similar to the Drakefun). Pellet dmg increased by 5%.
- Just Reward ‒ Only triggers its effect on Blessed Shots crits. Cooldown icon added. No longer triggers when ultimate is off cooldown/already recharged (this prevents it from being wasted).
- Double-shotted ‒ Now increases the cleave of the sniper bullets by 100%. Penetrates mansized armoured elites. Scoring a headshot reduces cooldown by 60% (capped at 60%).
- Indiscriminate Blast ‒ Spread increased further, sends Victor backwards a distance equal to a 1.10 dodge when fired, flat 50% CDR added. Pellet count increase from kills removed.
Passives/Level 5 Talent Changes
BH’s ultimate generation is currently 0.25 on hitting enemies and 0.3 on taking damage. This seems backwards for a squishy ranged career, so I propose these values be swapped with each other.
“Scoring 3 melee headshots reloads your magazine or 2 shots whichever is lowest. If a strike is a critical hit it increases the headshot count by 1.”.
Live overlaps with Salvaged Ammo. Reload effect taken from SA. 1 Xbow bolt=3 headshots. Saltz’ other ranged weapons get 2 shots from 3 headshots. BH is not a melee killer, while all of Saltz’ weapons are effective at headshotting. Includes headshots from secondary targets in cleave.
New passive ‘Bounty’
“Tagging an enemy and dealing the most damage to it by the time it dies restores 3% of your ammunition.”
This would be a minor passive that would help BH’s ammo sustain compare to the sustain of the other ranged careers and lessen BH’s reliance on Scrounger and Salvaged Ammunition.
Changed to temporary health on cleave from healshare. I would apply such a change to all careers (the healshare talent being replaced by a career appropriate thp talent).
Level 10 Talents
“Emptying half of your magazine or firing 3 shots, whichever is highest, increases power and attack speed by 15% for 10 seconds.”
No reliance on running out of ammo. Crossbow would require 3 shots. Other range weapons would require emptying 1/2 of clip (4 for Repeater, 6 for Bop, 7 for Volley).
Weight of Fire
“Increases ranged power by 1/3 of your maximum ammunition capacity.”
Now usable with Crossbow but it has less synergy than Saltz’ other ranged weapons do. Adjusted to also increase ranged cleave, allowing the Volley Crossbow to cleave Marauders.
Level 20 Talents
“Blessed Strikes now resets Blessed Shot’s cooldown and increases ranged power by 15% for 10 seconds. Landing a Blessed Shot increases melee power by 15% for 10 seconds.”
Streamlined. Melee side is headshot dependent, ranged side is Blessed Shots dependent.
“Blessed Shots now causes 2 ranged shots to consume no ammunition.”
Increases ammo sustain, allowing it to be paired effectively with Hunter instead of Scrounger.
Level 25 Talents
Rile the Mob
“Ranged critical hits increase movement speed by 20% and dodge range by 10%.” Renamed back to Hunter’s Pursuit.
The live talent serves no purpose. This gives BH a solid mobility option ideal for clutching.
“Dealing the most damage to an elite by the time it dies restores 5% of max ammunition.”
Less reliant on dealing the killing blow to elites. Doesn’t require BH to run out of ammo. Reload on melee kill moved from here to passive. Comparable to Huntsmen’s Shot Crafter.
Level 30 Talents
Base ult shotgun spread increased. Narrower spread for friendly fire added (like Drakegun) to make up for increased risk. Pellet damage increased by 5% for Marauder bodyshot 1 shot crit 1 pellet breakpoint with 20% crit power, 10% Chaos, Open Wounds and Blessed Combat without Hunter.
“Blessed Shots reduce the cooldown of Locked and Loaded by 20%. Can only trigger once every 10 seconds.”
Now only triggers on Blessed Shots crits. Cooldown icon added. Can no longer trigger when Locked and Loaded is off cooldown/already recharged (this prevents it from being wasted).
“Modifies Victor’s sidearm to fire two powerful bullets in a straight line with 100% increased cleave that penetrate mansized elites. Scoring a headshot reduces the cooldown by 60%.”
Live is a one-trick boss killer. Increased cleave diversifies uses. Retains high skill ceiling and usefulness vs bosses (still 60% CDR against a boss+more damage). CDR capped at 1 headshot.
“Modifies Victor’s pistol to fire two blasts of shield-penetrating pellets in a wider cone that send Victor backwards. Reduces the cooldown of Locked and Loaded by 50%.”
Now sends Victor back a distance equivalent of a 1.10 dodge when fired. Mobility aspect and wide spread makes this talent competitive as a control/safety option for BH.