VERSUS mode and console players

Yesterday I followed the live broadcast on Twitch with great interest.

I checked on the forum that the new VERSUS mode will not be available for us console players. I’m very sad because I’m an avid Vermintide 2 player.

In general, those who play on consoles cannot play with MOD.

We, console players, were already penalized last year when the Detailed MOD should have been implemented which allows you to display HP with numerical values. The response given was even more frustrating as you told us that you didn’t consider the video resolution suitable for those who played on consoles because we were too far from the TV. I play at less than three feet on a 32-inch TV and would have had no problems.

Personally, I dedicated myself to finding all the translations made from English into Italian, my native language, where I had seen some blunders. From Q4 2023 to today, February 2024, I have not seen a fix patch. This doesn’t surprise me because for the outcast engineer the talent that grants 3 bombs at the start of the game was buggy on both the PC and the XBOX. On the PC you fixed the problem in a short time while on XBOX who knows when you will do it. In general the patches on consoles are very few and very spaced out over time.

I believe that in general your works are very valid and enjoyable but you don’t pay much attention to those who, like me, cannot or do not want to play on a PC. Personally, I have an iMAC and cannot play on a PC.

A hug from a disappointed player who wanted to use the gutter runner to hit the UBERSREIK heroes.

Don’t wanna break it to you but… early access/alpha(specially a closed alpha) are not and never will be testing grounds for console play. also fatshark has always given PC treatment first, consoles last.

It’s not as harsh as it used to be to patch your game on consoles,(namely no longer certificate fees, and the QA certification only lasting a maximum of 1 day) but it’s still a lot of work for having to make 4 alpha builds at once.

1 Like

Thanks for your comment. On the Versus FAQ forum it clearly states that this mode will be PC only.

I understand very well that making a patch for PC is less complicated than one for console because it does not require certification but the times are too different. We are sometimes in the order of 3-6 months.

Bear in mind that the PC versions are usually less expensive than the console versions. they took my money for the purchase of the game, the DLC and the skins without a word.

The Italian version of the texts, in particular of the talents, has numerous errors that I have pointed out. I was told that they had taken note and would take action. Over 4 months have passed. How long does it take to check if I have given a better translation than theirs? I exaggerate…1 day!

I agree with those who say that console players count for less than PC players, who are obviously more.

I realize this doesn’t address all of your concerns, but I want to share this comment with you: