Fatshark on Console port and other stuff

User:

Pardon me, as I don’t understand these things, but a great amount of time was spent in Vermintide 1’s lifetime on backend work and producing the port for that game. Obviously they are two different games, but are none of the lessons learned or work done then able to speed up the process for 2?

Fatshark Robin:

Sure. I just mean the console work has been running for quite a while longer than since the release of PC. We were initially aiming for simultaneous release with PC, but we felt that we wouldn’t have had the bandwidth to pull that off so we left a smaller team working on consoles for most of vermintide 2’s production cycle so that we could focus on PC as a lead platform as we are first and foremost a PC developer. Since Okri’s challenges was released we have ramped up the console team though to get the last stages of polish on mainly UI, xb1 features, tweaked difficulty and improved performance. Performance improvement that has and will reach PC as well for the most part.

The main cost to porting the game to xb1 has been making the new updated graphics performant enough to run on a console and to make the UI console/controller friendly. As well as the project management side that runs all this, does the submissions to microsoft etc. The one thing that it has not affected is how fast we produce maps as our maps are more or less platform independent. We’re releasing the same maps on xb1 as we have on PC.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/8uj6l6/fs_robin_reply_to_roadmap_post_you_can_read_the/e1frp9d

1 Like

Sorry for spamming the boards, if you guys want me to stop, let me know.

1 Like

You’re the hero we all need

1 Like

HERESY!