Use numbers and not bars for weapon stats

The lack of numbers or explanations for what the stats do make getting a new weapon a very risky act. Bar may look bigger, but somehow has less ammo compared to the an identical one with a smaller bar. (I understand some weapons have variations, but they were both Lasgun: Versatile-High Capacity same quality/power scores.)

The compare tool is even worse since it wont show which is better, they are far enough away where the bars can look so similar with no green/red up/down arrows to quickly show which is an improvement and which is a major downgrade.

With a big part of the gameplay being getting better gear, it would be nice to know whats going on and not just blindly try something to see that its trash compared to an item you just had.

9 Likes

Even a dumb ogryn like me can read numbers (as long as I don’t run out of fingers and toes). There’s no reason for bars: they’re not making the UI more simple; just the opposite.

4 Likes

I get the idea that less stuffs in screen and more visual UI is better. But the bar is awful when accounting for small differences like 10% we cant see it properly.

4 Likes

Even without numbers, explanations for the stats like Mobility, Finesse, ETC would be great. because if its not on every weapon, or readily apparent like damage, nobody is gonna know what they’re actually looking at

2 Likes

+1

2 Likes

Or have the bars expand when moused over so we understand the effect that stat at that level will have on the weapon. Although an actual number displayed for the weapons damage per hit would be helpful too

1 Like

+1
this would be nice

I’d really like a way to see all the numbers for every weapon. For example, if a weapon has Penetration 0, I’d like to see that. Would make side-by-side weapon comparison meaningful.

+1