Ungor archers - issues and arrow tracer problems

You can still stagger the bunch of them with conflag. I think part of their uniqueness is in their number which makes dealing with them in one swift move impossible.
Frankly when I first heard about archers I imagined about 20 guys with bows standing upon a cliff in Athel Yenlui and raining arrows on our heroes from afar. Much like a globadier, but deadlier. Strategically spawned, these kind of encounters would certainly make you rethink your usual Book-Grim-Book path through that forest area and force you to seek other means of dealing with them like maybe throwing a couple of grenades etc.
So ultimately, they might not be player killers, but they should be a shaping force. I haven’t played Cata yet, but I find them a bit underwhelming at the moment, but that might be due to my usual anti-special role in the team - I usually get rid of these guys on a priority.

5 Likes

Dark Omens is a great offender here, because by the time you get to the wide open space there are archers everywhere and I usually run out of ammo.

There is literally no counterplay. They do little damage to make up for that, but making them near harmless in damage is just the game’s admission they’re a poorly designed enemy. If they’d take a third of your health with an arrow everyone would be making noise about them. Why? Because you can’t deal with them within the existing game mechanics.

So they are litterally just designed to be annoying.

3 Likes

I do really like the archers i see them more like ranged plague monks wich most off the time come in groups as well…

1 Like

They are designed as other specials to force you to make a choice. And they are fullfiling that role.

If you are out of ammunition, you can still go near them to force them to take their spear.

But we can argue, they could drop ammo bags on kill to compensate for ammo loss. And to not make them empowered loot rats, a bit more damage, they are missing a lot of shot and don’t have the volume of fire of ratlin

1 Like

That’s a pretty good idea. Just the same as RV basic ammo bags would help.

Does RV make them drop special stuff? That alone would be good, because it would give him more utility.

1 Like

No i think not, since they are not specials.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.