Underwhelming looking update

Yeah coming back to this thread i think it’s all relatively lined up but ill recap what i said previously with some new context and readjusting how I feel regarding some stuff.

The Good

Stims: These are cool, after playing with them they are a lot of fun to pop on yourself or teamamtes and absolutely hammer things down during fights. Some stims are much more standout than others but having a speed stim with a heavy attack weapon is great.

New mission: Well made mission, lots of fun encounters, great music, great set pieces, great looking. I like the overall feel of the mission and wrecking the production tanks feels great after fighting through the ambush area. It is one of the best looking missions IMO and gives great cyberpunk city vibes similar to stuff like EYE: Divine Cybermancy and more Dirty Cyberpunk mixed in with the neon streets.

Vet Tree Rework Pt 2: Keystone Drift : Vet rework is pretty good, it’s now on part with other class trees and you have enough flexibility to make some unique builds. Now you can actually get toughness or survival skills with your keystones so it’s not all or nothing if you say go mostly on the left tree which is nice. I think a few more useless keystones could be combined and some tax nodes adjusted but im far more happy than i was expecting

The neutral

More Weapon Marks: I’m about 50/50 on the new weapons. Some feel good in the meat grinder but i haven’t been able to roll a new weapon to actually try it. Some of them feel good but the content we got still fees very bland compared to say a melta gun or a more exotic weapons. The chain weapons feel pretty good but have some odd stuff going on with swing speed and combos.

The new shovels could be great but i need to you know, actually roll them, we’ll come back to that.

New combat encounter: Yeah this feels like the most mid encounter ever. Most of the time they either show up and get evaporated or they pick a bad time during the horde and turn into a major nuisance. I was expecting a bit more engagement with how they play but the feel just…really unsatisfying to fight.

One is a trapper idea but their traps are often in super predictable spots instead of spread out over an area and the other is just a rehash of the other bosses with faster speed and always in charge mode. If one of the twins could like pick a player up and slam them or throw them or something it would be neat. These enemies look like they tower over my tallest human character so i feel like they should have some good command grab ability.

On top of that flighting them is unrewarding, they are just another resource drain that doesn’t drop anything after

Intrigue: Still meh on this. Was tempted to bump it down to the bad but im kind of too apathetic to really care. So far it seems like it’s going exactly how people predicted and it doesn’t seem like it’s going to result in some major shakeup of the story so im just a little “meh” on it. Maybe it will throw a curveball but as far as what people have shown through spoiler content it’s meh.

The Bad

Crafting: Oh look, the crafting has become a major pain in the ass, again.

I feel like someone must have made an eldritch deal where if they remove the awful crafting system then their first born child turns into a sentient crab or something. Bunch of resources spent, bunch of resources wasted, 1 370 for the new weapons, basically instantly bricked along with all my resources. At this point what can i really say besides look all all the new additions to the crafting memorium and #BreakTheLocks.

New protentional bugs likely not getting fixed till after the new year: Yep, the god dam fire bug is really great ain’t it? I sure do love touching 1 pixel of fire and watching 2/3rds of my hp just go up in smoke. I get they were trying to fix the fire stuff but this is just silly. It’s gone from “well toughness is broke but you at least have hp” to “Ha ha, die” which gets annoying especially on stuff like shock trooper gauntlet.

All and all im probably going to just go play the Starship Troopers Extermination update coming out today because they are also adding new stuff and i don’t need to play a slot machine just to try something new, i can literally just go and play it. I guess it’s time to wait what, another 6 months to see if we get something worth playing? Terrific.

7 Likes