Unable to play for over a month, "The response from the Fatshark servers seems to be slow"

Issue Description:
I got bored playing/griding back in June I think, I planned playing again sometime after Patch 11 (Crossplay I think that patch was) happend, but ever since then I got a message on “Press [SPACE] to Continue” screen that the Fatshark server seem slow. And after picking a character I want to play, game is forever stuck loading on the loading screen. I think I waited half an hour the most untill I got bored and forced a shut down on the game.

FYI; this is the only game with multiplayer I have this problem with. I can even play Vermintide 2 without this problem showing up.

Crash Report (If Applicable):
Not Applicable

Error Displayed (If Applicable):
Slow FT Server

Steps to Reproduce:
1, Start game
2, Click past company names
3, Hold space to skip cutscene
4, Get to the Warhammer 40k Darktide Screen with the text “Press [SPACE] to Continue”
5, Press SPACE
6, It loads and a red text after a short while shows up top right saying what I described before (including picture)
7, Get to character create/select screen
8, Pick a character and hit play
9, Forever load and press space to watch all loading screen text over and over and over again.

Mission Name (If Applicable):
Irrelevant

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
/76561198289924027

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
Every hour since around the end of June, year 2023. Sweden time.

Reproduction Rate:

• Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:

Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log:
[Instructions: How To Provide a Crash Report, Console Log, or darktide_launcher.log]

Alright, looks like I have fixed it myself it seems.

I went through my Firewall again and saw “Warhammer 40,000: Darktide” was checked like before.
HOWEVER, this time I saw there was a “darktide” in the list too and that name was unchecked. I checked it and, now I can finally play again.

Still a mystery to me why this happend as I was able to play from November to June no problem before :man_shrugging:

I don’t think that firewall is doing you any good if it knows what programs you are running.

Thank you for keeping us updated. Out of interest, could you tell me which Firewall you’re using? :slight_smile:

Windows Defender