Unable to Install the game

Recently bought the game and was happy to get it installed to play on my next day off. Except it won’t. Every time I click on Install in Steam, it causes Steam itself to “stop responding” to anything. I can’t even end it immediately from the Task Manager. I have to wait 5-10 minutes while I constantly ending task and exiting the window. It has done this 6 times now.

I’ve updated my graphics driver, cleared Steam’s download cache, repaired folders on Windows and Steam, entered Steam in Admin Mode, etc. The only thing I haven’t done was reinstall Steam. I know it’s this game doing this because I tried 3 other random games and the window to confirm installation popped up no problem. I’ve looked all over and it seems this issue is rare or the first reported instance of it. All solutions I found were for when the game is already installed.

I knew the game was buggy but I didn’t think it was this bad.

Are there any Steam client updates available?

This is ultimately an issue with the Steam client, so Steam Support may be able to provide better advice here.

Checked it and it’s all up to date. I guess I’ll contact them as well.

Nevermind! Just tried it (hours later) after I dusted the inside of my computer and it’s installing just fine. I still don’t understand what happened when everything else was working normally but I’ll take it!