Trolls and censorship on this forum

I posted a critical post here Gaslighting, toxicity, scoreboards, and crafting - Warhammer 40,000: Darktide / General Discussion - Fatshark Forums (fatsharkgames.com)

One person who you can all see in the comments was breaking TOS for this forum, insulting people, starting fights, refusing to answer questions about the topic, and just trolling.

The thread got shut down for being flagged multiple times to slide it down the front page, and the same person was still allowed to come back and make multiple TOS violation posts and insult people. The thread got shut down ā€œtemporarilyā€ for another 4 hours a few time, and then hedge locks the thread over this one person because Itā€™s not going anywhere.

Why not just ban the person trolling the thread, because you want to bury the post which defends how good our community is? I donā€™t know. Iā€™d like to know the reason why you donā€™t ban the person destroying the civil discussion?

Itā€™s very sus.

How are we supposed to get to the bottom of the problems and get fatshark to fix the game if any time we get close you censor us?

looks like everything is intentionally done to the community in this toxic manner to control some narrative about the game when the vast majority of us are nice people who just want the game we paid for.

12 Likes

The mods have to keep un-hiding posts in my other thread because it seems there is a lot of people here who simply cannot tolerate others not sharing their opinions or way of thinking. Itā€™s very sad to see.

3 Likes

there are a lot of very unhappy people, very unwell people who get enjoyment out of punishing other people and disrupting things.

They donā€™t play fat shark games for long or they never survive the higher difficulties, because they are non-existent in the modded v2 community and cata, but they survive on these forums some how?

2 Likes

Theres a guy reporting all posts he doesnā€™t like (possibly in multiple accounts) some of the replies in that thread were right and funny.
I am all for derailment if you canā€™t have a normal conversation, if something doesnā€™t work, turn it unto a toilet, now reporting is just uncreative, the last resort of an vocally incapable human, good thing i am so above it, i only post here when i am medicated and in between sessions with the mistress i hire to beat the sht out me or the doctors that deal with the consequences in my opnion we sho

4 Likes

lol

We donā€™t. Its just a niche devā€™s backwater forum, what makes you think anyone is interested in a bunch of random guys getting to the bottom of problems that may or may not exist for FS?

You cannot say ā€˜Ńancerā€™ in this forum, not even the zodiac sign, what else did you expect?

Also, plot twist: Genius is an undercover FS dev who got grounded on the holidays :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

oh no

3 Likes

No you

1 Like

There is a difference, I suspect, between the VT demographic at launch and at current.

Iā€™ve already said what I think about this in another post:

This is, most likely, a cost-cutting measure because itā€™s much easier to lock a thread with a lot of flags instead of issuing warnings and enforcing the rules.

2 Likes

the guy who trolled the other thread is here calling people mentalā€¦ pretending the other thread had nothing useful to say and that is why it was closed.

3 Likes

That was exactly what the cm wrote on the bottom of your thread when it was closed. Check for yourself.

you are the reason the thread was locked multiple times, and then closed, and now you are here pretending to be oblivious to what you did.

Nice bait. What you did in the other thread was call people names over and over, and instead of banning you they closed the thread.

very sus.

3 Likes

Tin foil hat theory.

Correction instead of banning me they banned your friend and locked your thread. But here you are again doing the same thing lol

Punished_havel :smiley: wb I like the new picture suits you.

A Clown fiesta

Iā€™ve only had two games with toxic players in 278 hours of play. One of them had the character name ā€œQueen-of-racistā€ or something. I donā€™t think itā€™s a toxic community in game as a whole, but if there was one change Iā€™d ask for it would be an option to be able to report people in game bacause you can imagine what they were like, and I really canā€™t be bothered to exit out of games and load up the FS website to dig around to try and find a report option. :person_shrugging:

he isnt my friend, and you insulted everyone in there and have multiple posts hidden, they should have banned you but here you are being toxic again.

2 Likes

Fatshark_HedgeCommunity Manager

9h

Cloaing this as itā€™s going nowhere useful

Im assuming he means closing. Pretty self explanatory.

No Iā€™m not the reason your thread was locked.

Why not start a new thread and complain about the same thing if your that bothered about it.

The thread in question had multiple issues with it with multiple people. Posts were hidden and authors urged to edit them to meet the guidelines, which we prefer to do over outright banning or suspending people for initial infractions.

Iā€™d like to point out that we do not remove threads that derail, we just close them ā€“ they mostly remain visible (with exceptions where in OPs are grossly in violation of forum guidelines).

@Rieven - @anon93671839 , please cease stalking each other through the forums and antagonising each other. Itā€™s just messy and not fair to others who are trying to participate in regular discourse.

Thereā€™s an ignore feature in the forums when you click anotherā€™s profile, you can use this to limit interactions with that person and itā€™d be swell if instead of finding each other in each others or other peopleā€™s threads you both just toggle that so everyone has an easier time of it. Cheers.

Closing up this one as it goes against the forum guidelines too.

https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/guidelines#lock

5 Likes