This past weekend

Out of my RPG/Gaming friends there are 3 of us that are currently playing Darktide. I posted last week about hitting the wall and being done with pushing to get weeklies done for multiple characters. Now we just play for fun. Jump in play a round or two, check the store not really expecting anything, then call it a day. But this weekend we had a fourth person jump in to play. And it was nice to have a full striketeam of friends. We had a good time and some laughs when the Ogryn blew up a barrel and launched himself off the map. For now the new guy is leveling his Veteran, and he’s having fun trying out new guns and axes when he gets them. However it was eye opening to hear all the issues we had accepted as part of the game, voiced by a new player. He wasn’t angry or disappointed, he was simply pointing out issues he noticed while we were playing. It really emphasized the glaring issues the game has. We’ve been playing for a month and a half or so. He’s been playing for a few days. Yet when he voiced his concerns no one was ready to defend the game, or tell him “wait, it’ll be done soon. we’re sure FS will keep working on the game.” Instead we sighed, and told him, “yeah it’s got all sorts of trouble. we’re enjoying the game when we’re together, but we don’t actually try to accomplish anything anymore due to the disappointment we all feel when we go to the Shrine and there’s nothing to do with all the crafting.” He agreed and we started up a new mission. Then he DC’d. A few minutes later I DC’d. Eventually we got through the mission and he said. “I wish we didn’t have so many disconnect and loading issues. The gameplay is fun and you can see the potential the game has. But so many issues…” And we all welcomed him to the community as a true Darktide player.

6 Likes