This game needs a "retry mission" button that puts you back into the same map with the same conditions and teammates

It’s a bad feeling when you almost complete a super hard mission, and you’re itching to give it another go, but that mission isn’t on the board any more so you can’t. It’s a doubly bad feeling when the condition you were trying isn’t even on the board any more – e.g., you wiped at the end of a hi-intensity shock troop gauntlet mission, and then afterward there’s only low-intensity maps available.

Maybe it’s not practical to let players just pick their own missions and conditions for some reason, but even if that’s true, how about just adding a “retry mission” button to the ending summary screen? If you click it, it just throws you back into the same mission, with the same difficulty, the same conditions, and the same teammates (if they agree to it). Would fix a lot of the frustration around this imo!

6 Likes

GREAT IDEA! Incidentally they had this in VT1, but who is keeping score?

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

Yeah I agree with this,

They used to have this in Vermintide 1, but for some odd reason never implemented it in Verm 2 even though it was used a lot.

Sometimes a run would just fail through no fault of your own. You’d just get a bad set or a f’d up spawn with something screwy right on top of you. It was a team vote, each player could select. yes or no, on the try again screen.

The other thing Verm 1 had that Verm 2 did not, was the player storage chest at the beginning of the map, much like the one in the Meatgrinder, so if the party had a bunch of duplicated weapons they could go in and change them out to get a more balanced setup for the map you were on.

Those are two things that would be huge QoL improvements.

2 Likes

While I never played VT 1, instead of the chest I still think a better solution would be a hangar waiting room instead of the ready up screen. You can talk to people about what to bring, and hopefully be able to check their equipped weapons (maybe even feats).

1 Like