Please come up with another way to do new maps or the mission board in general

The new map takes up one slot per difficulty on the normal board, reducing the normal rotating maps on each difficulty to 2. Just now one of those rotated to a map I had just finished and the other to a modifier I don’t want to play, and neither do I want to play any high int which rules out auric.

Keep modifiers and secondary missions random to guide people towards certain maps but otherwise please let us choose the map and difficulty. There’s too much RNG in even choosing a map to play.

And could you please in the meantime have new maps add a slot per difficulty? Rather than chopping down map choice by 33% for a whole 2 weeks.

2 Likes

It’s “immeasurably complex” for Fatshark to let their players choose their map and difficulty now :roll_eyes:

99% of the game must be hard-coded to be RNG according to them.

1 Like

The fact they have managed to put this event mission in its own little slot proves they could give us at the very least menu for each map to play them on every difficulty. Now if only there was a way to also get modifiers on them… Oh wait VT2 did exactly that.

Fatshark, just shut the servers down for a couple days so you can reconfigure the servers to let us choose map, difficulty, and modifiers. Have the maelstrom be the only “randomized” map.

2 Likes

Vt2 had no servers. Its not the same situation

Stop giving them this excuse. Also read my whole message, I didn’t say VT2 used servers, I said it had a means of selecting modifiers and missions.

Fundamentally server-based matches should be more stable than P2P anyway. And with how heavily monetized this game is ($15 for a single skin oof) they can certainly afford the relatively trivial costs of maintaining a more robust server architecture that would allow for this incredibly basic function. Plenty of games do similar things, it isn’t like the missions have random map generation which would be taxing on a server to make thousands of random instances (this is why DRG has the mission bard this game clearly tried to emulate, random map generation)

They have just proven with this event the servers are more than capable of handling a map with multiple difficulty options. Not only that, but they included a optional hard mode that the server has to be able to accurately track. It isn’t just “press a button” it is “press several buttons a certain number of times.”

This event has shown us that “The servers can’t handle a proper missions select” is not a valid argument.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.