Everything here is debatable and criticisable. Just don’t be a jerk.
- After potion\bomb is used game switches to last melee or ranged weapon used, but not a crank gun. It gets in the way every time you want to drink a potion and start shooting a boss.
- Reloading while in Crank-gun mode feels like you need to hold R longer than animation. This is causing the problem when you release R a little too early and stacks are not increacing.
2.1. On the other hand overheating is too lax to actually happen. It would feel more fair if you burn your hand when:
- you start new reload cycle at MAX stacks with less than 25% of stack depleted,
- and burn happens if you hold R up to 50% of animation.
Skill fixes (everything is debateable):
- 10 level skill: Scavenged Shot - make it also not generate heat for 1 shot (or 1~1,5 seconds) for Drakefire guns. It still won’t compete with other 10 lvl skills but at least it will work if you somehow mixed up equipment and skills.
- 25 level Skills: right now I think that " Ablative Armour" is the dominant “safe” choice. I think Bombardier and Piston Power need some buffs.
Bombardier - either gives you a bomb at start of a level OR reduces the bomb throw animation in half.
Piston Power - either 1st target’s armor counts as one tier lower (Super armor => armor => infantry) or each stack of “Steam” speed up its cooldown by 10~15% (150% => 10 second CD).
Masterwork Pistol (MP) Fixes (I don’t want to touch this stuff):
Easy way out: decrease base ammunition (to 6/12 & 6/24). Most hurt: Ironbreaker. On the bright side - MP won’t just “go down the tiers” and still will be LIMITED BURST weapon. (still I think that MP is FINE in terms of balance as is)
- also little fix \ nerf \ balancing. MP’s RMB startup animation should be same duration as LMB (~2 seconds). And if you press LMB & RMB together, the RMB should have “priority of action”. Right now it starts LMB animation first, goes trough it, then detects that RMB was pressed, switches to RMB animation, goes trough it AND then starts to shoot in RMB mode.
It would make “high noon maneuver” harder but won’t make it unreliable.