The new map is great, but

… I have nothing kind to say about the smoke-filled sections.

I absolutely love the idea of the console repair sequences having some tangible effect on the arena, but filling it with vet’s troll grenades isn’t it.

Edit: Call me a crybaby, but these smoke sections are actually so much of a deterrent for me that I’m avoiding QP so that I don’t have to play them again. There’s parts of other maps I don’t like much, but none of them have that effect on me.

1 Like

Honestly i kind of wish more maps would do stuff like that.

I kind of want different automated / set up hazards like that to come up Throneside Ventpurge style.

I think the big thing I enjoy about the environment design on Darktide is that it tells a story. Stuff like Ascension Riser and the Throneside bridge for so well in the character of 40k. I

don’t really want every event map hazard thing to just be vision blocking but it would be cool if we could fight on say a shipping platform with cover being loaded on and off over time or an areas slope section splitting apart and rejoining, stuff like that.

I do think they are getting that mileage out of the smoke effect. Nades, enemy abilities, map sections.

5 Likes

For sure, I’m all about the dynamic events. It’s the smoke, specially, that I don’t like.

Typically I’d agree since im not a vent purge or lights out fan but not this time. The smoke gives that mission its own little identity and it’s kinda fun not knowing what exactly is coming for you

1 Like

why? i mean is it the affect on gameplay, performance or other?

i like it myself, it might be equal parts for a brief few moments the brakes are put on the sprinters and i actually saw people group up! or ive just upgraded my monitor completing my new system (first upgrade in like 7+ years) and it looks so damn good im just giggling like a kid the whole time :wink:

but its brief enough to not overstay its welcome and the game does need more of these events imo

Other maps have their own identity without resorting to this sort of crap.

Because I’m over FS’s hard on for blocking vision. There’s too much of it and they just keep adding more. The effect it has on the event does not make the event more fun or interesting, it makes me want to dodge the map.

I actually like it. The first event is meh because you can hug the stairs between the two spawn points and be very much safe if you don’t forget to use pings and pop flamers/bombers as soon as they enter the arena. The second event, where you have to constantly interact with the console in the middle of the arena while defending from the waves or enemies is more chaotic and I like it quite a lot.

1 Like

Tagging solves that just right :grin:

I, too, don’t like ventilation missions. But I think the smoke in the new map isn’t that bad considering we gotta pick a corner and let them come to you. Additionally, it doesn’t block your vision as bad as ventilation mission. There will be some elite gunners and snipers shooting at you behind the smoke far away but I’m fine with tag and deal with them that way just like Fingeris said.

Other than that, I love the design of the new map. It’s not the same boring industrial and dark kind of design. It gives a little bit of Residient Evil vibe, I don’t know why lol

Overall, I like it.

The second event I let the rest hold somewhere safe and decode the thing by myself with invis :rofl: :rofl:

I really like the map, but the midmap event is boring.
It is supposed to be an ambush, but even damnation hi stg spawns almost no enemies there.

I would like 100-200 extra trash spawns during that event.

I saw this thread coming the moment this event started.

Can’t wait for a guy, who’s responsible for latest vermintide maps designs, to get loose in darktide.

Your inabilities or unwillingness to even slightly adapt your playstyle to different environments,
is your problem.

However, i think devs should give players a tool to exclude such maps from qp.
That’ll be fair for everyone.

I agree that the map is fine. But this statement is too harsh. People are free to offer their opinions here :sweat_smile:

1 Like

So am i. I don’t think i threatened anyone’s freedom to do so.

It’s a pretty long map.

It feels weird to say this, but i am all for smoke effects. Also a fan of the vent purge missions and lights out.

I guess its a love or hate thing for most people.

I really like the smoke effect on it, it add a feeling of frenzy to react to thing as they get out of the smoke

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.