New map

Is awesome. Best one in the game imo, tones of small enviromental and interior details, great scale, feels very ‘warhammerish’ and “hive-worldy”. Also almost all types of missions on one map feels good.

7 Likes

I liked the first one more, it’s dynamic and intensive.

And this one is more about “wait here/wait there”.

1 Like

Ditto, I do like the first one more, it seems to have abit more character and from a gameplay perspective the verticality and corridors seem really enjoyable for duking it out with baddies. Might be also just my imagination but spawn points are abit more predictable so there isn’t as much getting poked/shot/pounced by something random from behind.

They both are nice however.

1 Like

Yeah this second new map is… OK. It’s not really better or worse than the majority of other maps.

One can only hope that bringing that nice red container through the whole map will very soon unlock red weapons with max modifiers and completely free of locks.

Beautiful mission! Kudos to the level design and art team, as always :wink:
There are so many opportunities for fun combat, different angles, variations and all in glorious 40k depiction.
I love the specific mechanics with mobile elements, different phases, verticality here and there, alternate paths, etc.
And all that in a beautifully detailed environment.
They nailed it again! <3

Riser map is … OK I guess.
Lotsa standing around while shooter enemies chew up the melee players. Nothing else that really stays with me. I cannot think of a set piece or room that I found memorable.

On the other hand - I absolutely love Archivum Sycorax! Great environemt, and the layout feels new as well. Actually one of my favorite maps now, but still think it should be an Investigation. And on that note:

(starting rant)
Why didn’t they make an Investigation and a Repair map? If I counted right:
Assassination – 2
Disruption – 2
Espionage – 3 (1 + Comms Plex + Archivum)
Investigation – 1
Raid – 4 (3 + Riser)
Repair – 1
Strike – 3

Makes no sense to me. Instead of going for an even spread, they:

• added a new map to Espionage, that already was already expanded with Comms Plex. (and Sycorax is much more an Investigation thematically and gameplay-wise as well imho.
  • make a new Raid map that already had 3 others.

(ending rant)

3 Likes

I like them

My biggest complaint is that the objectives on the maps (scanning etc.) does not count towards condition penances. Since I farm them currently for the portrait frames, I don’t play the new missions more.

The new missions look amazing and they feel way more immersive, but I think they need better rewards since they take longer than blasting through the old ones

Must be nice being able to find enjoyment from normal damnation maps. I still havent been able to play either of the new maps because i cant choose to make them high int shock troop. Or even just reguler high int damnation for duos.

Enjoyment from map itself =/= enjoyment from game mode.

I feel like long term when people settle back into grinding loops (I figure most people still playing have detached their brains from the item system for their own sanity) longer maps might end up less popular. But just like VT2 I will be searching for them the most out of all options, I like walking around and killing stuff so the biggest chunk of time between load screens is ideal for me.

Anyway Sycorax mogs this map, since it has still rehashed scenarios even if one room is spinny. But I would rate it like 2nd best at this point because the base game maps just weren’t made to the same standard being rushed like the game itself. Its easy to see the talent when it has the time to straighten out a vision and perfect it. I notice people barely recognize the reused sections here so they end up missing tons of loot (lots of general loot spawns are reused and slightly rotated).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.