Great job with the new map (spoilers, obviously)

I really like the new map (damnation high int experience).

The map itself offers an interesting variety of locations (inside, outside, tight spaces, open spaces).
The spawn intensity seems good.
Maybe the barrel density could be turned down a bit. Especially in the areas that invite players to fly off the map.

There are multiple sections, where a ton of ranged units spawned.
I could see them coming from quite a distance, and it looked like a massive gunner squad was rushing into position in order to fend off invaders. That was pretty cool.
I assume and hope that this is scripted behavior for those areas and not just a random spawn of ranged units that only rarely happens.

In a few spots, you can see the enemies running after you, from a long distance.
Looks great.

Somewhere in the map, i think there is a horizontal “elevator” that moves rapidly. That was pretty neat.
(i missed most of that part though, because i was in the settings menu trying to fix my sound problems)

Mid map event and final event have great rooms and pretty good spawn intensity.
Technically there are 3 events, if you want to count the room with the ice.

4 Likes

I’m with you … so far!
I played it on T5 (regular I think it was) and it felt like they’d dropped the better bits in from each of the levels.

You start with the stairs that feel a bit like Silo Cluster stairwell. You’ve got the circular room where you’re breaking the ice - that gave me TRS atrium vibes in terms of openness. The shuttle train is a great variation on a lift: if you tell me you didn’t stand by the window pretending to drive it I’ll not believe you :wink: Brought out the inner kid in me.

Then the outdoor yard finale is spacious enough for mixed range fighting, and the cap points aren’t ones you have to spend ages at so you can risk a dash on your own to do them (well… at least at T5 level!). You’ve got that ring around the arena too where you can nip out of the ‘walled’ area and you get a bit of space to see things coming which mixes the pace.

Thumbs up from me too.

2 Likes

good to hear, now if only it’d show up in auric maelstrom i could see for myself, why you teasin’ me fatshark?

(yeah i know i could play other diffs, still want the “first time” be the max)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.