Drachenfels maps are fun & gorgeous

Adding some positive commentary cuz it’s deserved and the rest of the threads here are negative. Really enjoyed both maps, both have good open spaces as well as nice tight corridors and are extremely immersive. End events on both are fun. Good stuff, FS.

18 Likes

Just finished my first run of Blood in the Dark, freaking loved it. Specially the new music! Very eerie and creepy. Loved that even hordes had special music for this map.
And wooooo! Our dreams for a cool boss fight in map 3 might come true!

8 Likes

Totally agree with everything you said as FS is delivering everything I ever asked for in a map.

Keep it coming, FS!

6 Likes

Yup. Map is very good! My compliments to all the people that made it, from Art to Gameplay team. Really looking forward to part 3 since parts 1 & 2 are so good.

7 Likes

Don’t forget all the drop-down options in almost every area with narrow corridors.

4 Likes

Really love the secret demon voice that tried to mess with our heroes.

3 Likes

Yes! That is an amazing addition, especially how only the person being talked to can hear it! Really adds to the demonic vibe. Really cool detail. And some of those lines give a little more insight / hints for the mysterious heroes’ backgrounds as well, especially Kerillian’s and Bardin’s.

Has anybody collected the lines somewhere yet? There are at least several per character.

3 Likes

I keep reading about these voice lines but never heard them. Maybe I´m too focused on the game?

Also, yeah, second great map in a row. And there seems to be so much stuff to explore! See, Blightreaper, this is what you could have been!

Indeed. I now know that Kerillian might have led the attack on the Nuln regiments at Hoggars Bridge lol. I know a few lines have been collected over at Reddit. But I do wonder if the voice speaking to us was the same as the Nurgle boss that we encountered in the finale?

1 Like

Unlikely. I believe it’s the voice of Drachenfels talking to us (the Demonic entity) which is separate from what Nurgle boss who I believe is being empowered by that entity.

Indeed, it’s probably the demonic entity that the Nurgle sorceror merged with, but would that entity be Drachenfels himself?

They are good additions. Although I’m really really hoping we get another Lord / Boss fight encounter on the 3rd map.

It seem’s like we probably will be with that Nurgle Sorcerer I just hope he is different enough to set himself apart for Burblespew Halescourge

1 Like

Don’t the Nurgle sorcerer claim to have been merged with the daemon and hence he is essentially a daemonhost?

Anyway, I hope we’ll get some more lore on this boss. For example is he the new leader after Bödvarr and Rasknitt got chopped? And he is the same “shaman” who screwed with us in Back to Übersreik?

1 Like

It’s one or two places. One such place is the library area, just before the drop down to meds/ammo before final boss area.

1 Like