The Great Weaves Feedback Thread (Season 4 edition - NEW AND AWESOME ! 50% DISCOUNT ON NEW REPLIES)

It’s from Darktide magazine. Vermintide 2 strongly encourages players to play QP. Darktide gives freedom to choose missions. There will be more cooperative elements other than stick together. Also, there will be non-combat activities which nees cooperate.
Sounds perfectly like weave. lol

What is Darktide magazine?

There was a multi page feature in PC gamer magazine focusing on Darktide.

(offtopic) For myself, I definitely decided that if I can’t do something in Darktide solo, I will never try to do it.
Looking for people, asking for help, over and over again? Better to walk barefoot on broken glass. Games should be played, not organized.

And if the whole Darktide is like this - without the possibility of solo play, then I won’t buy it. It doesn’t matter that is Warhammer. These Weaves gave me a lot of “pleasure”. I don’t want to repeat.

6 Likes

Posted my ideas there but they also apply here.

1 Like

as someone who never quite got around to trying weaves i have one more point to make, besides losing the opportunity to gear for non weaves: At 900h in the game i find myself just grinding legend runs to get the 100 missions hats. That is A LOT of playtime that will get put into this and means for that whole time i won’t propably even go near weave grind. And i bet many people feel similar, maybe not that they want to grind the 100 misions on each class, but maybe smaller: If I was back at 100 hours maybe i would want to cut my teeth at getting all helmgart missions done on my favourite career, all careers and so on. Little projects, that clash with trying out weaves.

weaves are bad - they suck big time - massive grind
fatshark just get some more old maps from v1 and put them into v2 and that would be better
and make some new maps or story line whatever

What is the detailed list for damage scaling in weaves again? IIRC in season 1 it was up to 1000% by weave 150.

We should save winds they are a fun game mod, and we should also save the weapon illusions for the real game. But yeah weaves can unceremoniously rot.

I’m not sure that any small amount of change results in a good enough amount of benefit. The super high difficulty seems like both the point and one of the largest obstacles in its accessibility. You can offer shillings and commies but aren’t the same audience that’s challenging high end weaves the one that probably don’t need them?

This should just be true for any competitive system.

As always I weigh this against fixing Deeds or adding another game mode that isn’t locked behind a DLC paywall to increase base game sales and player retention. Because fixing weaves still leaves its negative DLC reviews and the problem that what the game mode is requires a lot more reworking (changing the intent and audience) than the previously mentioned other existing or new hypothetical systems. I say this when considering the difficulty and amount of time to develop for the game and that choosing one prevents or massively delays the other so it is an opportunity cost.

1 Like

As pointed in the first post, thoses small amount of change is kinda the things to do before a full rework. Thoses small amounts of changes do not solve all the issues. But some are more pressing issues than others.

It happens that we, the “challengers of high end weaves”, do still need shillings & hats as we can’t farm them, and some people have a worse rng than others when it comes to hats. Like me for example.

Well, steam did a thing not so long ago => Putting recent reviews as a default category (on the right), which means the score can actually change a bit if they put the work in it. I agree this is much work. But as we’ll get others dlc and probably others modes as well, WoM will kinda need to stay relevant as it is the most expensive dlc the game have.

The issue here is the difficulty by numbers is always “boring” difficulty. Ask a lot of 160 teams if they liked the grind, your answers will be an overwhelming “no” (and probably a very very few “yes”). From the teams I do know, including mine thoses are the answers I got.
So the targeted audience is actually not pleased with that mode, and this is a problem.

The fixes I ask are focused on stuff that can be delivered fast, not asking too much of dev time, but make the next season at least “bearable”. (reworks takes time, and we all can understand that)

3 Likes