The game freezes and restarts my pc

Issue Type (Required):

Crash - During Play

Issue Description (Required):

I just bought the game and the same problem hasn’t happened yet:

The audio disappears and after a few seconds the game freezes and completely blocks my PC and after about 10 seconds it restarts by itself.

This happens from character selection as soon as you open the game to being in the lobby or a game, but it is always at most 30 minutes after I run it.

It is THE ONLY game with which this happens to me. Vermintide 2, Helldivers 2, Red Dead Redeption, God of Wars Hunt showdowns and many others with higher requirements do not give me a single problem.

The temperatures remain stable,the thermal paste is new and the box has hardly any dust, the CPU is liquid cooled and there are 4 other fans that keep the interior cool. I monitor them with Msi Afterburner + Rivatunner. Both the GPU and CPU are kept between 70 and 80 degrees (celsius).

I have disabled automatic overclocking from the Bios, run the game as administrator, disabled AMD Fidelity FX. Restricted the cores that the game uses, setting the configuration to both ultra and low. Used the sfc /scannow command and mdsched.exe both saying that everything is correct and there is no error.

I tried EVERYTHING but there is no way, the game freezes and restarts my PC just by playing a game, choosing a character or simply buying a weapon in the lobby market.

I say again that it is with the ONLY game that this happens to me. I still put the features of my PC on just in case.

No error message appears, the audio simply disappears, after 5 seconds the game freezes and shortly after the PC restarts

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700x 4.5 Ghz

Motherboard: MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk

Ram: Corsair Vengance RGB DDR5 32GB 5200 MHz

Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT Core 12Gb GDDR6

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 PLUS Gold

[PC] Do You Use Mods? (Optional):

No, I don’t use mods

Reproduction Rate (Required):

Constant (100%)

Platform (Required):

Steam (PC)

Player ID (Optional):

Supertriperniver

[PC] Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log (Optional):

darktide_launcher.log (370 KB)

1 Like

Sorry to hear this @Supertriperniver

It may be worth updating your BIOS if you haven’t tried this already.

Otherwise, other possible solutions here may be of help:

Please let me know how you get on.

The BIOS is updated to the latest version available on the manufacturer’s website, I just did a clean installation of the graphics drivers as indicated in the link you shared with me but the problem persists.

In fact, I ran the game and on the same character selection screen it crashed and restarted my PC again.

The truth is that I have already tried everything I have seen in the forums and technical service help but nothing fixes the error and I am afraid that in one of the restarts some important file will be corrupted and my pc will break down.

I really wanted to play this title, since I have played several hundred hours of Vermintide 1 and 2, but the truth is that this experience is not pleasant. If it were an error that happens to me with more games, I would understand that it is something on my PC, but I have almost 1000 titles across all platforms and this is the first time I have had an error like this.

I have played more titles that use EAC in case it was part of the error but they all work perfectly.

I second this, happened to me twice now, was really wondering why, no other game has caused this, but Darktide

Does this only happen when you load into an ogryn character?
Or also with other characters?

My game crashes sometimes (a simple and fast crash that does not force restart the pc), when i load my ogryn character.
Not sure if it has anything to so with that, but it might be related.

@Supertriperniver ah I see. I’m admittedly at a bit of a loss at what else to try here :thinking:

It’s a shot in the dark, but perhaps switching to our Experimental Build may improve stability. This build has additional fixes we are testing to combat recently introduced performance and audio issues. Please see:

Failing this, if we’re unable to resolve the issue then I’m happy to contact Steam and assist with a refund. I appreciate this isn’t an ideal outcome, but please let me know if this is something you’d wish to do.

It happens to me with any character, I have created one of each and the error happens in all of them.

I’ll try these solutions to see if hopefully one solves the problem. If not, then I will have to wait for future updates to see if it is fixed. Thanks

It’s a bit different, and happened only during gameplay with no apparent reason, like screen suddenly goes black and my PC restarts shortly after.

I have tried something different, I opened the PC to be able to see the LEDs on the motherboard in case it indicated something and I noticed that when it restarted while playing the RAM LED lit up. So I entered the system’s advanced options and I gave it total priority of use to the SSD where the game is.

It has gone from using 1700/3000mb of Ram to using more than 8000mb. By doing this I was able to complete the tutorial, a mission like this, and I wandered around the lobby for a while and there was no problem.

It looks like it has been solved with that but until I play more I can’t say exactly. Although for now everything is fine.

**PROBLEM SOLVED.**

By forcing the game to take all the ram possible, it has not frozen again or restarted my PC. I have been able to play several games without any problem.

1 Like

Thanks for the update! I’m glad to hear that you found a solution (at least so far) and thank you for sharing this.

:crossed_fingers: that this has done the trick fully for you

1 Like