The Crafting Memorial; lest we forget

maybe in the grimdark future we will at least have quantum gaming

2 Likes

Initially I thought maybe game has quite a bit of input lag. If I play Apex Legends actions on screen are instant.

Then I sort of realised the animation delay is intentional in this game. Like you block, it is almost a full sec and ~5 frames of animation to bring up the weapon in front of you.

So it seems to want you to pre-fire actions

2 Likes

Lest we forget to keep the thread alive.

Simce a few months, I’ve been confident that I won’t revisit the title even if it is fixed. I still feel the shared responsibility for this thread though.

3 Likes

I will definitely revisit the title around November when patches for the patches have released.
Right now I am just too lazy to manually update mods needed to enjoy basic Darktide and crappy Vortex and its edgy unfriendly interface has managed to break down and is safeguarding me by its sheer unfriendliness.

Hmm I wonder if mod.io can supplant an aging nexus that has forever closed its door on non silly subscribers. Ah well, keep on watching the enshifitying happen anyway.

2 Likes

Same man. I would have been gone so long ago if it weren’t for this as the primary impetus.

But I still hope that, assuming the egregious issues are resolved you may consider deploying to Atoma again.

“Once more into the fray,
into the last good fight I’ll ever know.
Live and die on this day,
Live and die on this day”

6 Likes

I’ve been playing 7 days to die 1.0 experimental and Factorio while I wait for this game to get the fix it deserves. I just check the forums to see if there is anything I care to engage with.

3 Likes

Apologies to yon Bard for this travesty:

Once more unto the breach, dear Rejects, once more;
Or close the wall up with our Imperial dead.
In peace there’s nothing so becomes a man
As modest obeisance to the Throne:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the Space Marines;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour’d rage;
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;
Let pry through the portage of the head
Like the las cannon; let the brow o’erwhelm it
As fearfully as doth a galled rock
O’erhang and jutty his confounded base,
Swill’d with the wild and wasteful ocean.
Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,
Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit
To his full height. On, on, you noblest Rejects.
Whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof!
Fathers that, like so many Guillimans,
Have in these parts from morn till even fought
And sheathed their swords for lack of argument:
Dishonour not the Emperor; now attest
That those whom you call’d fathers did beget you.
Be copy now to men of grosser blood,
And teach them how to war. And you, good Ogryn,
Whose limbs were made in Atoma, show us here
The mettle of your pasture; let us swear
That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not;
For there is none of you so mean and base,
That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.
I see you stand like Rough Riders in the slips,
Straining upon the start. The game’s afoot:
Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
Cry ‘For The Emperor!’

5 Likes

Guess going to be few months to see how this big update turns out.

The thought of trash weapons being potential salvage. I start to imagine by the time the update comes ~500-600 weapons to break down. Imagine if you had to do it one by one.

Everyone remember that glitch from ages ago where you could get like 200-300 orange weapons in one morning. Asked my friend who used that glitch who stopped playing he should come back when new update drops. Going to great click spam experience for him :smiley:

But damn hundreds of orange weapons in one day - That would take normally months.

4 Likes

I started keeping a lot of my Emps gifts after a while unless they had new blessings.

I have a LOT of duplicate or just terrible weapons sitting around.

3 Likes

I think I’m getting scroll lag as result of having too many. New weapons obtained from missions are inserted in middle of inventory instead of top or bottom, PG DN or PG UP doesn’t work :smiley: Brings about new meaning of doomscroll.

I wish they just let us salvage right now. So we can start clean when update drops.

2 Likes

A day has passed, we must not take any risk in this thread closing automatically, thus I post.

6 Likes

I have a ton of trash in my inventory. I don’t look through it because:

1: It doesn’t matter, I have pretty much all the weapons and blessings I want

2: For the stuff I want but don’t have I don’t care to go through the effort of trying to get them.

3: The inventory UI is so abysmally ugly and unpleasant to go through (even with mods, although they tried their hardest) that I really want to interact with my inventory as little as possible.

3 Likes

Forums use markdown, which always indents lines that start with a number followed by a period. It’s part of the list formatting feature.

4 Likes

Also the clickable area of the scroll bar is SO. FRIGGIN. SMALL.

5 Likes

I’m stupid, I used a colon on the first 2 and a dot on the third one, ty.

2 Likes

I stopped playing early January 2023 when they announced the delay for a full crafting release. A month or so later, when it was released, I opened the game and started sorting out my inventory. After thirty minutes or so (checking stores on all characters, sorting inventory, learning about the crafting system) I just decided it wasn’t worth my time. I quit the game, added “inventory management” as a tag in the Steam store page, and called it a day. Haven’t touched it since except for gaining access to that misspelled feedback questionnaire.

My biggest pet peeve with VT2 was rerolling and inventory. Bruteforcing that system by getting reds and installing the loadout mod was a one time effort. What I realized with Darktide was that there wasn’t a way to circumvent all the bs.

4 Likes

I mean MS Outlook can filter emails by criteria and do batch select and functions on search or filter results.

Those criteria can be applicable to inventory like stats, weapon type etc, archive to remove clutter in live inventory etc

MS Outlook has been around for 2 decades. Just copy the “functionality” part (Not UI look).

QOL that won’t affect mission gameplay anyway.

2 Likes

You should see how everyone added the early access tag lol.

But yeah. I was addicted to the game. Then they released the full crafting update. It was like being drunk for a few months and then forced into sobriety.

4 Likes

As a blind, old fart - this is the understated comment of the year. SO SMALL!

4 Likes
8 Likes