Taking too much damage / Toughness not working (PSYKER/VETERAN/ZEALOT)

Issue Description:
Toughness / Survivability of notably zealot and vet is extremely low(?)
Can’t figure out if toughness doesn’t work, DR talents don’t work or whatever it is, but I will consistently get 3 shot at most by any enemy while playing vet, often even dying while at half health and max toughness.

It honestly just feels like everyone has the VET toughness bug from release.
Ogryns can stay at 100% toughness without trying and the toughness will actually block melee attacks, even only taking 10-20 tiny chip damage if low. But this never happens for me on Veteran. I’ll get a few correctly blocked hits at 100% toughness, still, dying seemingly to being breathed on.

Posting as a potential bug as I’d live it to be looked into. Would surprise me the most if everything was working as intended.

Steps to Reproduce:
Get hit by an enemy while not playing Ogryn.

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
FS ID 3391019255

Reproduction Rate:
50-75%

2 Likes

its a bug?

i thought new game design!

1 Like

honestly unsure if this was a feature or a bug, but playing Vet & Psyker for first time after skill tree updates it does feel like (especially Psyker) even with a bunch of toughness dmg reduction and +toughness traits/relics, on Heresy a basic Dreg melee can 1-2 shot me. Any melee (or tick of a fire field) breaks full toughness immediately and I’ve been 1 shot form full HP and toughness by like 2-3 dregs hitting simultaneously [in the back mind you, not sure if thats a thing/new thing].

I don’t mind the difficulty honestly/personally, (especially for Psyker and how strong they are now) but … it would be interesting to confirm if this was actually intended or not XD

Yeah bruisers hit like 110 toughness damage, unless your name is Ogryn and its like 60…something is messed up. Sure he’s a big lug but he also has insane toughness regen skills + double the HP and a free wound.

I’ve seen bruisers take me from 110 to 0 on a Martyrdom Zealot with 5 stacks of martyrdom TDR, benediction, and the 2 TDR nodes.

Also Burgle tail whip seems to do infinite toughness damage. It has full → zero’d me on a Vet with ~180 toughness, VoC overshield up, AND Iron Will.

Something definitely feels a bit fishy this patch with enemy damage.

1 Like

Oh, dang, I thought bruisers were now a melee check.

I guess it is a bit much getting assassinated from a single hit to the back of the dome from them compared to maulers.

I mean, yeah, Crushers “used” to take 90% of your health. Maulers about half if bad toughness. Now even small walkers do most of my health at most toughness levels.

But right now it seems a bit too much for all but ogryn?
Perhaps toughness damage reduction is a bit useless on Vet when the first hit takes it, then it’s more or less useless as the rest of the damage you take ends up on your HP bar.

I’ve noticed something similar playing on Malice difficulty. Sometimes it will behave as expected and other times things will strip my lvl30 zealot’s toughness and health in 1 or 2 hits. I’ve even been OHK’d by a Crusher. It’s very strange and not at all consistent. Some games I can be dynamic and charge the enemy and outflank and others it feels like I have to hide from single basic dreg autogunners

Scab bruiser deals 144 toughness damage (from tests in psykanium)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.