KNOWN ISSUE: Toughness Issues

We are aware of and looking in to the issues being reported around Toughness.

Existing reports may be merged here, to help us keep track of the issues being reported.

1 Like

At 100% toughness still getting chip damage. Playing as psyker on diff 3/4.

Not a bug, there is always health damage bleed through even at 100% toughness.

Check out patch 1.0.10 they changed that.

You are correct I missed that! My apologies.

Np brother

Yeah, this has been rough when fighting Traitor Guard Captain bosses. It’s not just a small amount of damage that gets through Toughness, it’s huge chunks of damage. I’m not sure Toughness is reducing incoming damage at any level.

It seems that if your toughness value is over 100 then you still get damaged through your toughness. Sharpshooter always takes HP damage from melee through toughness at the moment because of this.

Issue Description:
When you have more than 100 Toughness (Veteran by default, or any of the other archetypes when you have a curio that increases Toughness), attacks received will apply damage to both your Toughness bar and your health bar, at the same time. Note that this is the numerical value of 100, distinct from 100 percent.

When you are below or at 100 Toughness, either due to chance or because you have no Toughness bonuses from Curios, the mechanic works as intended and you take no health damage from the first hit.

This does not work as intended, since when you are at full Toughness, you are not supposed to take health damage as stated in the 1.0.10 Patchnotes.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Play as Veteran, or any of the other archetypes while you have a curio which increases Toughness.
  2. Enter any mission.
  3. Find an enemy, ensure you have more than 100 Toughness, and receive one melee attack.
  4. Note that you take health damage alongside Toughness damage.
  5. Follow-up hits after your Toughness drops below 100 works as intended.

Mission Name (If Applicable):
N/A

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Steam Profile

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

1 Like

i did think something was wrong playing my veteran
and this really NEED’s to be fix fast as it is hard to not get downed now in melee

Issue Description:
Most recent update stated that melee damage would be negated at 100% toughness.
being melee’d by chaff, I noticed most of my health was gone before even going to half toughness.
Taking time to be melee’d by one enemy, I noticed the full damage of the melee attack was going through my toughness entirely.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Join a difficulty 3-5 mission
  2. Be Melee’d at 100% toughness from infested/chaff or cultist melee
  3. Receive Full melee damage through toughness

Mission Name (If Applicable):
Maps this glitch was researched -
investigation mission: Nurgle Tree scanning (sorry don’t know specific name)
Repair Mission: Cooling Rods
Desert Vault Mission

Platform:
[Steam]

Player ID:
[Steam ID: Stoutonomy]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[11/30/2022, 08:30PM] [CST]

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Melee Toughness Glitch - YouTube]

2 Likes

Can confirm Stout’s post and that toughness is currently bugged to where you take full HP damage.

This is a known issue confirmed in Community Update #4 on the Steam community hub. If you have >100 toughness you will take HP damage through toughness. You can remove curios to bring it down to 100 for now for most classes, but Veterans are out of luck at the moment.

1 Like

Issue Description:
Seriously guys, +toughness charms are detrimental. Full damage goes to HP.

Steps to Reproduce:
Play with over 100 toughness, either with Curios or Sharpshooter. Get hit. Cry.

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
TheFigment

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
All the time currently.

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
No. You broke a core mechanic and didn’t test it. Just go start up a game.

2 Likes

Known issue, in the big announcement post.

What isn’t known is how long it will take them to hotfix it. The fact something this major hasn’t already been hotfixes is frankly a massive concern.

2 Likes

They wanted to add chip and utterly messed it up. Congrats for going against the community!

1 Like

Definitely concerning that they caught the issue… and rolled out the change anyway.

1 Like

Huh, totally missed it. I did a search on the bug forum for it and didn’t find it!