Surge Staff New Visual is Seizure Inducing

I’m not sure who thought this was a good idea but the new foggy distortion effect on the Surge staff literally hurts my eyes after repeated use. It actually makes me feel sick.

Please keep the blue glow on the targets but remove the foggy distortion!

Vid Link to see its full horror: https://streamable.com/a6ty0v

24 Likes

Have the same issue; “The Nomanus Mk VI Surge Force Staff has had its VFX buffed to feel more impactful.”

They made it more Impactful for the eyes my man.

7 Likes

All I want is to shoot lightning but now even that doesn’t seem possible. This is the saddest ‘nerf’ of all time.

4 Likes

Now with added nausea! :nauseated_face:

7 Likes

+1
Jesus christ, change this stuff back.

9 Likes

It’s unbearable.

It blurrs the whole screen the second you start the charge, and makes it flicker and ripple, just incase you weren’t already feeling nauseas due to blurred vision, now its flickering and swirling around until you release and you’re still left with a lingering blurr.

10 Likes

Yeah, have to say, as one of those few who unfortunately has to pay attention to the seizure-inducing warnings, an epileptic would really prefer to NOT have this effect visible.

9 Likes

Agreed - I think the intention is good, I like the lighting additions, but the simultaneous blur and shake is too much considering how the gameplay of this staff goes. Also visibility is super important in this game and this essentially removes accurate long range visibility while using this staff.

7 Likes

I have never had any problems with sea sickness, car sickness or anything similar. I’m maining psyker and surge staff and I’m feeling abit sick after just 1 game. This HAS to be changed or at least give us the option to turn it off.

It’s absolutely unbearable.

After wiping about halfway on the sand map (light map) I thought - maybe I can get used to this.
After finishing a run on a darker map I feel sick tbh. Gonna level up another class until this gets a fix

12 Likes

i love post processing i love un natural blurr that simulates cameras and not how our eyes work i love not having options to turn things off

8 Likes

Agreed.
My eyes hurt from barely half a mission.
This is borderline harmful.
Must be changed back asap

9 Likes

At the very least this should be disabled if motion blurr is already turned off.

Any game that doesn’t let you disable motion blurr is an instant refund for me, and its a bit late for that when this got patched in over two weeks after launch.

6 Likes

I hate screen effects in general, but these are another level of bad. I don’t even like the fake blood splatters on the screen effect.

4 Likes

This change is horrendous. it is a flat out accessibility issue. im really glad i saw this before trying to run a mission and was able to quickly test it in the meatgrinder, because this would have caused me a splitting migraine if i had attempted a mission run with that effect. needs to be reverted and removed immediately, if it requires an emergency hotfix then so be it, because this could cause seizures.

5 Likes

I have a headache after trying a few games with the Surge Staff after this patch. This change needs to be hotfixed out ASAP.

6 Likes

Free migraine and nausea with purchase

2 Likes

It’s giving me severe nausea when i’m using it and moderate when others are spamming it around me.

1 Like

Raised this one up to the team.

19 Likes

Thank you.

I appreciate someone invested time in making this effect look “cool” however for many of us this induces nausea that lasts for hours and causes migraines for others.

At the very least these kinds of effects should be turned off if motion blur and/or depth of field are turned off. We know what makes us ill and have already disabled those settings that cause it.

3 Likes

Seconding the suggestion to tie some of these effects to graphical options in game - and to enforce them to be all off when those options are selected.

This game suffers from too many visual effects in our immediate foreground visual field, and pair that with Psyker’s incessant screaming sounds, it’s truly a sensory overload. Just please consider that it’s unnecessary and requires adding the ability to opt-out. TYSM

2 Likes