Surge Force Staff needs an HOTFIX (vfx revert) INSTANTLY

• The Nomanus Mk VI Surge Force Staff has had its VFX buffed to feel more impactful.

I’d switch that word “impactful” to “abhorrent” or “disgusting”.

It reminds me that day at my favorite pub when after i had 4 beers of 9°, 8 shots and 2 drinks in a couple of hours, i tried to do stairs to get out but instead i just started drifting on them

IS THERE ANYONE SUPERVISING YOUR GAME DEVS?!

4 Likes

Fatshark just wants to remind us to drink more responsibly. :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

Or that they just like to f*** up their community

3 Likes

I’m gonna start drinking and see how long it takes me to puke if I use Surge staff exclusively.

2 Likes

That distortion effects started giving me legit eye strain. Its awful. I dont see how anyone approved this after playing it.

1 Like

Genuinely have to park my psyker until this is reverted which means I’m just going to park Darktide because they were by far the most interesting and fun class for me to play

2 Likes

I have a sensitivity to bright lights and I had to stop playing after one mission using the new surge staff gave me a headache. God forbid someone with epilepsy plays this and has a seizure this is totally not okay. I can’t even believe this vfx change made it past quality control.

2 Likes

Sorry man it’s snowing in Sweden, check back in the patch next week for any changes.

“Work from home,” you say? I don’t think you understand these things are immeasurably complex.

We’ve posted elsewhere, but posted here for good measure, but we’ve urgently flagged this the team and will be working on a solve.

2 Likes

i do understand because it’s not something to joke about, and i hope they can fix for the people that suffer of epilessy and similar, because it could lead to problems

even though i personally like the new vfx and i wish it would remain i also understand the other side, i hope there will be some settings like in DRG
where if turned on it disables all type of flashes ect while if turned off they remain

so everyone according to their likings can choose

I’m running the game with the whole setup on low, yet this effect exist and i can’t find anything to turn it off even in settings files.

I can’t really play my main character.
How much time is needed to deploy an urgent hotfix?
At least, for those people that really have health issue with such settings…

Maybe the surge staff need a VFX “buff” in the finishing effect not in the casting itself, so when the psyker close the fist the camera need a slightly more strong camera shake and maybe a few small sparks in the closing fist or in the enemies affected by the electricity (but not too bright for people with disabilities)

I have to wear sunglasses to use this staff.

I’m serious.

This is an unsafe level of VFX, its very bad.

It’s rather easy to fix: remove the new VFX. There, problem solved.

Personally the distortion effect that takes up the entire screen when charging and using it is worse than the flashing.