The new effects added to the Surge staff really hurts my eyes

In the latest update, they added the distortion effect to charging the attack and when casting. While this effect was fine for quelling and brain burst, it feels really oppressive on Surge staff and completely covers the entire screen and just makes everything really distorted on screen.

3 Likes

Couldn’t even finish one mission. I’m not light sensitive, and I’m not prone to motion sickness but BOY did this manage to strain my eyes, give me a headache, and after more testing in meat grinder I absolutely have to park my psyker and Darktide until this is fixed because the lightning staff is (for me at least) totally unplayable in this current iteration. And force sword isn’t much better now either.

I have photophobia and i made it half a mission before i felt sick and had to go rest for about an hour. I can’t imagine if someone with epilepsy was playing and had a seizure because of this. The fact that there is no psa on the launcher about this for people with such conditions is really disappointing to be honest.