As per the title. I will admit, I don’t fully understand the issue here and the complexities therein. But this issue has 2 general aspects:
- Suppression seems not to be working
Pretty straightforward. Suppression sometimes makes enemies run, sometimes they freeze and cower there for a while. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for it.
- Dreg ranged units ignore, or otherwise immediately recover from, suppression.
Dregs seem to be the cause of a lot of issues, I’ve found, when it comes to enemies. The Scabs function overall quite well, but Dregs not so much.
I’m not sure if Dregs are meant to take cover, but it’s extremely rare that they do.
As Scab Shotgunners and Gunners readily enter melee, but Dreg Shotgunners and Gunners do not, as well as their standard ranged chaff standing out in the open uncoordinated, I assume this is intentional.
However, suppression working on them is extremely inconsistent. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t; but it’s always the case that they recover instantly.
Steps to Reproduce:
Please see the attached video.
- It was hard to get in-practice footage, but I did manage one clip wherein there was absolutely no suppression from the bolter. Against Scabs this would be the case
- Timestamps located beneath the video and in the link
- It seems that higher suppression value weapons, such as the Flamer, are not properly suppressing. However weapons like the autopistol, which have a lower value are. I have not tested this with every weapon, I just chose a broad array.
- Semi-related, but Dregs seem to be far more threatening that Scabs across the board. Higher difficulties are easier in many cases due to having more Scabs than Dregs, and Scabs being easier to deal with due to their tendency to take cover, whereas Dregs often stand out in the open and gun you down aggressively. This leads me to believe there may be a number of unintended aspects of Dregs, and is why I believe this is a bug and not an intentional design choice. That, and the inconsistency of what weapons actually cause a Dreg to be suppressed.
- It can be hard to understand what is an intended mechanic working correctly, an intended mechanic working incorrectly, and non-functional mechanic at times. I apologise if this is not actually a bug, but I’m making these posts erring on the side of caution.
Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[11/24/2022, 11:43PM] [GMT]
Often (<75%) / Constant (100%) - It’s difficult to determine
Upload Supporting Evidence:
0:00 - Flamer
2:16 - Autopistol MKIII
3:05 - Kantrael Lasgun MG la
3:50 - Bolter
4:22 - Live Example (Bolter)