Stop having extravagant hopes for resource sharing!

Our community has been discussing resource sharing/weapon sharing for half a month. Until today, we finally got the answer from fatshark—“unlikely”.

Sometimes I strongly doubt to what extent community and our discussion here will affect the decision of fatshark.
If fatshark refuses to delete a game mechanics that hates by almost every player, where is the value or any uses of other discussions here?

English is not my native language, but behaviors of fatshark give me no choice but to protest.

In the end,
Enjoy your four independent character slot. If you want shareing resources, well, go buy acquillas.

20 Likes

That’s really too bad, I don’t see myself playing much after hearing this.

The main reason I put so much time into vermintide 2 is how easy they made leveling alts.

Too bad, I’ve already played over 2 hours. I guess they win

4 Likes

I know it’s probably a translation issue, but I wouldn’t call shared inventories an “extravagant” expectation.

I’m trying to mentally link this decision to the live service model (since that’s the backbone of most of the things people are hating on), but I just can’t figure out how separate inventories is a good thing in that context. Or any other.

7 Likes

Engagement metrics, retention values, yadda yadda yadda.
The more time player spends in game - the more he’d interact with cosmetic cash-shop and it’s wares used by other players, which somehow affects his conversion to paying user
Also they want to retain as much players as possible at all times so there are always enough of them in mission queues.
Ideally you have to spend as much time and as regularly as you possibly can with this game, so why give you characters any progression shortcuts?
So you, the player, don’t burn out and quit the game out of sheer boredom? Nobody cares about that until their metrics tank hard.
Enjoy the future of gaming, comrades!

3 Likes

This is just depressing.

7 Likes

This sucks. Definitely won’t be enjoying this game as much as I did Vermintide 2.

it just doesn’t compare. 4 classes vs 15. And leveling each character in Darktide is a chore compared to VT2 where you could share weapons & equipment. In VT2 I could probably go out to play some more characters I haven’t touched too much and have a relatively new experience. Here, I leveled a zealot to 30, getting my Ogryn to level 9 and I’m already tired (the mission select RNG system is a huge issue for that too)

How has this game regressed this much? It feels like they went out of their way to actively make it a worse experience for their players outside of the core game itself. So many of these decisions have been actually terrible - and multiple MAJOR outspoken issues that what seems like pretty much everyone on this forum has been in agreement with seem to be ignored.

7 Likes

Well, we’ll keep making noise. I can’t complete four different weekly quest lines every week. One, tops. Quest reward currency should be shared, period.

6 Likes

If shared inventories for “countable” items (items that are just a number) are anything but trivial to add, well, God Emperor help that codebase. I shudder to think.

4 Likes

I don’t see why it’s so unreasonable when we literally had this for the past two games. Now we have to farm three trinkets for each class and that really sucks and with crafting mats not being shared either, it’s going to make the grind a hell of a lot worse.

4 Likes

FS has proven time and time again that their decisions more often than not are flat out wrong. See winds of magic. So it’s always a good idea to keep pestering them about things the game needs.

1 Like

It’s pretty clear so far that the only discussion that matters is the earnings report and the opinion(s) of shareholders and Tencent.

1 Like

I would just like to add that the premium currency and MTX purchases are, obviously, account-wide. So they just don’t feel like making everything account-wide to add to the grind.

6 Likes

if people keep complaining then they’ll (hopefully) see it as a problem riling up the playerbase and would be more inclined to impliment it.

3 Likes

They’re gonna have to. Because I’ll be making an additional thread about it every week until they start listening.

If they want to tank this game, listening to Tencent is the perfect way to do that. Everything those… idiotic, greed ridden thieves touch turns to pure garbage.

You really want that to happen to the newest edition to your “Tide” series, FatShark? Tell them to get bent.

4 Likes

Then your posts will just get removed like mine have lol

1 Like

You might probably just end up banned for “spam” or some nonsense like that.

2 Likes

Then I’ll keep bumping my original post about it. Keep posting. Keep it at the top of the thread list. Cuz, it’s not going away. If they think their “online metrics” mean anything other than them being egregious as hell with that cash shop, they’re kidding themselves.

5 Likes

Not having a shared inventory just exacerbates the grind.

People who play a lot with one class SHOULD have an easier time when they decide to pick up another. You’re still locked to the class level regardless, so at most you’d be able to kit yourself out with the best available gear at your current power level.

Even then, more likely you’d spent those credits on cosmetics, which are extremely overpriced as it is (100K+ for a helmet).

1 Like

You’re only a community insofar as you can be milked to buy their product and create good PR for their brand.

1 Like

The only thing devs really understand (apart from negative reviews) is when people choose not to play.

I’m not playing until they decide to get their hands dirty and actually try to fix important elements of the game like toughness, crafting, mission select, secondary objectives rewards, half of the weapons being objectively bad, etc.

The Callisto Protocol comes out tomorrow, and there’s always VT2. So for me there’s more than enough to go around. I’m not touching that dumpster fire until it’s gone out.

2 Likes