Sound Inverted in vertical Axis

Issue Description:
I don’t know if anyone else experiences this but I’ve noticed in vertical environments, audio cues indicating enemy specials like dogs, flamers, trappers etc. sound like they’re below me when they’re above and visa versa. All other sound directionality is communicated correctly (sounds from the left come from things on my left etc.).

Its not something obvious because most of the maps are linear and without sections directly overhead or below, but the ability to see specials through walls as the Veteran really convinced me of this because I had something certain to go off of instead of just constantly second guessing myself when trying to figure out where things are coming from.

Steps to Reproduce:
A few vertical environments I’ve found that are good to test it out are;

• Magistrati Oubliette - Assassination: The elevator hold out area exiting the sewer section at the start, noticeable when on the lower level and things like dogs are spawning above.

• Smelter Complex - Strike: The multileveled smeltery area just past where you destroy an infestation to access door controls, noticable on any of the 3 floors but especially the middle one where inverted noises can be convincing due to plausibility.

Platform: Steam
Player ID: Aquamarine
Upload Console Log:
console-2023-01-06-00.23.10-71830bb3-ff56-4532-a020-8d94a4704dcd.log (141.7 KB)

1 Like

Thank you for your report! Could you please provide us with your launcher log file, as well as your user_settings.config file? These may be found by doing the following:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the darktide_launcher.log and user_settings.config files in this directory
  5. Upload here

user_settings.config (4.6 KB)
darktide_launcher.log (431.7 KB)

1 Like