Audio missing depending on where you are standing?

Depending on where you are standing some audio can be totally missing for you, this could be sound of approaching enemies, charging mutant etc. Then if you make few steps you suddenly hear it. I know nothing of how audio works in games, but this doesn’t sound right to me.

1 Like

Bump, I’ve been experiencing this aswell and its super weird.

I have also experienced this. I can’t be certain, but I suspect it has to do with rooming/obstruction/occlusion volumes, however it is that Fatshark does it.

Oftentimes such spaces are defined with somewhat less precision as playable game geometry. It does seem like it’s happened to me most often when I was close to walls.

There’s one location near the start of one level, (maybe the manufactory, but I can’t say for certain), where I discovered you could stand right under this little railing spot where the intro guardsmen are standing right overhead, and all audio would completely cut out, as if I’d stepped into an occlusion volume, then return after I stepped back.

I have no idea how sound is introduced in games, but it feels like there are zones/borders where sound is being played and where it is not.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.