Solo players deserve to die alone in the dankest dungeons, don't rez them

You can open the Steam Overlay and under “Friends” there is a “People you’ve played with recently” tab. There you can add/block them.

2 Likes

Yeah, thats kind of the point of blocking them.

Do whatever you want.

I feel like that’s how the individual learns that they’re playing a game with toxicity issues. Dying is already punishing, people don’t go out and die because it’s fun.

The reality of Vermintide 2 is there are no skill requirements or matchmaking ratings. When you do quickplay you’re pulling players out of a massive grab bag. I don’t think it’s right to take it upon ourselves as players to punish other players for playing the game in a way we don’t like.

Just imagine it’s someone you know on the other end of that keyboard. Do you really want to stomp on your buddy dan, the new player who just qualified for legend who got in over his head? It’s a fatshark / vermintide issue, not a player issue.

BTW, it literally only takes one player to guarantee that no one is alone unless the whole team decides to split up.

2 Likes

Ah, I see what you’re trying to get at. I don’t suggest leave everyone who gets downed, only people who don’t stay with group and die/downed every few minutes. You know the type, not contributing to team and just a liability. It takes quite a bit of deaths/idiocy for me to leave people downed. For me, dyeing continually by leaving group is the toxicity part of the game. :nauseated_face:

Yep, I know how groups work. I sometimes leave them in order to pick up a book that people miss. And yes, I’ve died by a special/whatever but not every few mins. I get back to the team asap so I can cover/help. :+1:

I really wish this worked on my steam account, never has. I’ve tried troubleshooting this issue several times with no success. :rage:

Okay, don’t kick or leave people downed so players learn to stick with team, just block them in steam… gotcha. :ok_hand:

1 Like

What point are you trying to make here? Genuinely confused.

That kicking/blocking isn’t likely to tell the person in question what they’re actually doing wrong. Leaving them down after the 5th time they run off alone is more likely to let them connect their actions with the consequence. Fairly sure that was their point.

I’d say actually talking to the person through chat should really be your first port of call either way :man_shrugging: After that if they don’t listen and are clearly a liability to success, by all means don’t res them, they’re the one being toxic at that point and some people need to be sent a strong message to get it.

Yep, I was to. You’re talking about blocking people in steam but against leaving them prone so they learn to stick with group. Seems kinda hypocritical… but np, I gotcha :ok_hand:

You do realize I was pointing out the Irony in OP statements, right? Whether you play as a team or not I dont care. There is a difference between trolling in game vs blocking someone you dont want to play with. Those are two completely different things.