So, anyone in Fatshark approving mods anymore?

Lets see… I got a friend that threw 2 grims by accident recently and I had thought STICKY GRIM was added to the standard V2 game; however, I guess I was wrong.

So, I went to check if the approved mod “sticky grim” was still available… and NooOooope. There has been a new one that applied for approval back in MARCH but … I guess nobody in Fatshark is reviewing those.

New Sticky Grim

Anyway, is anyone in Fatshark reviewing and approving the mods anymore ?

Please take note, this topic is about fatshark approving mods, not if you still throw grims or don’t use mods.

Thanks,
Vormar Mishap

7 Likes

Mods rarely get approved, it’s a little sad.
There’s great mods out there that have no negatives whatsoever if they were approved.

I wanna take this as an opportunity to highlight some mods that would be a great addition to the official realm.

Fatshark pls.

12 Likes

Nice selection, I’d use a few of those.

However, Steam Rich Presence = Posted Jun 4, 2019 - last updated Oct 17, 2019 :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Will Fatshark confirm anyone is assigned to look and review mods anymore? :thinking:

Vormar

Member when we were supposed to get waves after waves of sanctioned mods and

fatshark had this one guy Kevin approve of them… yeah I member, what happend to him?

I think they forgot to feed him or something :frowning:

14 Likes

Where is Kevin? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

kevingate!

cough cough.
So uhh. So it’s November 28th. I don’t want to be a whiner, but, man it sure has been a long time since any mods were approved or denied…

4 Likes

Somebody get Kevin in here! And propjoe!

The thread lives! Ya, I’ve been looking at mods too. So far no update on who’s approving or declining. I like the new careers and cosmetics but there are other things that need to be looked at (mods cough fatshark)

1 Like

just upping for the sake of shaking my head at how fatshark never really cared for anything that doesn’t “bring in the money”.

you can pump out PR advertising as much as you want declaring to be a player-centric company but facts speak louder.

2 Likes

I think they are focused on the trainwreck of “darktide” at the moment… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Ah, so this thread was started before we announced this, but when we announced the QoL update, we also announced that we were working on mainlining mods into the game, so that’s why there’s been a sort of “freeze” in sanctioning.

There came a situation where updates would break mods, and the overhead to prep those mods and ensure they could remain sanctioned each patch was quite high. In addition, mods are reliant on their creators to update them, and if a creator decides not to update, it leaves those players using the mod in a bit of a sticky spot, so we changed track and decided to integrate a lot of sanctioned mod features into the base game. Sanctioned mods that have been “grandfathered” in still need to meet certain standards when modders update them so they don’t break the game, but we do keep tabs on those and sanction and unsanction them accordingly.

There are instances where we are still sanctioning mods, but they are not currently the norm.

4 Likes

will some of the features you consider to add to the game, make it into darktide?

1 Like

Thanks for the update Aqshy!

I looked back on the QoL update and didn’t see anything on that patch release or other updates mentioning how mod’s were going to be implemented. Now we know ! :grinning:

I’d love the “Host Quick Games” mod to become implemented into the base game.

3 Likes