So about that Crafting Roll-out

well i certainly dont mean to sound like im defendeing the behaviour here i personally doubt its a cynicle as your painting it , i think the game suffered from a late stage pivot in its end game crafting and loot mechanics they did delay it once before but my guess is they just ran out of time couldnt afford more delays be that cash logistics or whatever and the decision to push it out as is was taken.

if it were all underbaked id see your point more, but these level designs the sound work so much of it is so above and beyond whats nescessary for a cash grab it looks more like a passion project bits ar emissing bits are cobbled together no doubt but whats there is great imo.

besides vt and vt were rocky (though much less) i am expecting FS to stand by this and fix it all. i think realistically thats going to take best part of a year and that does suck.

congratulations! i hear the average is like a week to 10 days starting second year f emplyment?
i suspect back in the office and being sober/productive might not be the same thing :wink: but there not going to have anythign to report on as they have been away maybe a CM will get brave but ill be happily surprised if we see/hear anything meaningful before jan2nd . i would be happy to be wrong on this one!

This do smell like development hell with lots of redesigns and eventually has to be put out because it’s been too long.

2 Likes

It could also be their process as well. Depends a lot on how they “work” and how it’s managed. Who is making decisions, or how many people, how it’s being communicated, etc. They could have rigid practices and lots of beuracracy and overhead, or be more nimble. Honestly, it’s baffling to me sometimes, given what appears to be a severe lack of testing and review (the toughness bug, the surge staff vfx, the list goes on). The bafflement is usually you see these kind of bugs in teams that move fast. It’s unusual to see very slow development and bugs that are kind of like the classic “did you run this one time after you wrote it, or did you just commit it?”

Anyways, who knows. 90 person company iirc… I am curious to know what goes on over there though.

I’m 99% sure they’re using EAC purely for the MTX currency.

3 Likes

I’m one of those guys that left the game an didn’t log in back, right after the vfx mess they made. I’ve seen them not hotfixing in a considerable amount of time, wich means everything is gonna be messed up. Feels like a 3 man team is running and coding this game.

I’m just done with it, played around 100h in it, not wasting more time given such devs.
Gl to anyone.

1 Like

Nah devs are on vacation until the mid january - early february if previous dev disapperances are to be used as any sort of reference.

1 Like

I imagine you get a lot of information about America wrong lol. Is there a particular reason you’re being snarky or is this just your natural arrogance bleeding through ?

i wasnt even being snarky , but ill go with natural arrogance all day.

I mean, i am also European, and i pretty much work up to the 24th where i work half a day, and then work from the 26th until new years eve, where i sometimes also work half a day.

I dont know what they do in the game development sector in Sweden, but its not like things stop moving even during holiday season.

2 Likes

FS is figuring out how to put more RNG into crafting, hit combine get a sword instead of a boltor. The tech priest can’t even keep the important gizmos working for 30 seconds in a mission, you think they will figure out how to please the machine spirits to craft something new?

1 Like

And then there will be that one typo made during crunch by someone that cascades into lot of problems. You might over simplify how code works. This isn’t simple flash game or something. Sometimes a thing that appears unrelated is causing all the issues.

As for design of crafting so far, they sure made some questionable choices. Take refinement for example. Once you reach free rerolls, you should be able to just choose what you want on that slot. Current system pretty much almost ddos their own servers with reroll queries considering how it starts to lag behind in processing new requests after you press reroll like 6+ times in a row. That is just bad design.

2 Likes

I’d mind a bit less if they were less stingy with the crafting materials. Bricking a curio with 6% experience wouldn’t hurt so much if the materials were more numerous.

The very fact that this modifier exists in the pool for a lvl 30 character, without the ability to share items, is telling.
I doubt it’s been put there to deliberately generate useless frustration (wasted time + materials).
So it must be the result of a simplistic implementation with a unique loot table (modifiers) for an item type (curio).
Painful oversight/lack of polish, imho.

1 Like

How many of you are still naive so much… Of course modifers/perks like 6% experience, % more curios, % more ordo coins etc. are only added to increase RNG frustration so you will play more. You are getting addicted to lottery chase, they got you (Gotchas systems from mobile games). Since game has ZERO, I repeat ZERO endgame content, almost ZERO content in general they made heavy bet on obscene RNG to make people who are vulnerable to something like that and can’t just say “fk it, I am out” to play way longer than it would take them if there was meaningful gear progression system.

Everything is designed to stack as many RNG obstacles (shop, random main stats, random perks, Refine only allowing for one perk to reroll, Blessings having tiers, no player influence/agency to skip RNG, no rewards, no ways of farming/grinding anything, RNG on perk refining, RNG on map selections, RNG on difficulty, trash useless perks like mentioned above so there is awlays chance your almost-perfect curio will turn out useless so you will spend more days camping store and consecrating again, lack of materials conversion so you will always miss one, waste more or RNG etc.) as possible so YOU WONT GET WHAT YOU WANT.

As Bernard Terrance Lyndsey once said “If a rabbit will never stop chasing a carrot, why should you?”

obraz

11 Likes

First time playing horde shooters? There is no end game because there is only the game. All the gear etc is just extra depth so you can try different play styles.

2 Likes

I can’t try different play styles cause RNG doesn’t want to give me weapons I want, blessings I want and perks I want to try different builds and experiment with different set ups.

4 Likes

0IQ response or a bait.
You cannot try out new builds if you cant make them because the RNG says no

3 Likes

I mean, fatshark lied about vermintide 2 having servers, so no, you can’t trust anything they say.

2 Likes

You can still try different styles just not the ones you want. At least not yet. Don’t get me wrong, I think the game should have more classes and fully implemented crafting system at launch.

But complaints about “progression” and “endgame” miss the point of this kind of games.

1 Like

To me designing basic Systems after a Product was already released is a rather major f up.
There’s a major Difference between “We are excited to roll out our Crafting System throughout December!” and “We didn’t actually design it yet”.

1 Like