Skulls 2024 Summary: Announcing Secrets of the Machine God (June 25, 2024)

Devoted Rejects,

Today, during Warhammer Skulls 2024, we teased Secrets of the Machine God, the new free update coming to Warhammer 40,000: Darktide. We also launched Darktide’s first in-game event Hestia’s Decollation Crusade.

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide - Secrets of the Machine God

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide releases its next update on June 25, 2024, on PC and Xbox Series X|S. This new update features (but is not limited to):**

• New Mission: explore a derelict Mechanicus research station in Atelium Foundryplex Omega V.
  • New Weapons: introducing the iconic Bolt Pistol, Ogryn’s first two-handed weapons, the Pickaxes, Shockmauls and a new double-barrelled Shotgun.

** We are still working on the itemization part of the update as mentioned in the Vision Statement. We are currently in testing and we are working on a dev blog to share with everyone.

Hestia’s Decollation Crusade

Live now until the end of Skulls on 30 May, players are tasked with destroying the heads of swarms of heretics and gain in-game currencies (ordo dockets, plasteel and diamantine).

Return of Rogue Trader and Death Korps of Krieg for Skulls 2024

For one week only (until the end of Skulls), the Rogue Trader and Death Korps of Krieg sets are available in Commodore’s Vestures.

The Tide Collection Bundle on Steam

Another way we’re celebrating Warhammer Skulls 2024 is by introducing The Tide Collection Bundle on Steam (ft. Vermintide + Vermintide 2 + Darktide).

TideCollection_Steam_MainCapsule_616x353

28 Likes

No, seriously, you can’t go ‘oh wait for the stream there’s more to show’ and then have that stream be nothing. You’re literally just saying that there’s an update in a month, with some weapons and a map. No content, all you’re doing is trying to siphon a bit more cash off of people by rotating overpriced cosmetics back in.

61 Likes

A DOUBLE BARRELED SHOTGUN?

Please be on Zealot Please be on Zealot Please be on Zealot Please be on Zealot Please be on Zealot

9 Likes

So regarding the event, anything more to share ?

4 Likes

New weapons - nice
New map - nice
Update on what everyone wants to hear about - nice

18 Likes

Why did you show only the map in skulls

** We are still working on the itemization part of the update as mentioned in the Vision Statement. We are currently in testing and we are working on a dev blog to share with everyone.

Don’t tell me more waiting after the map comes out

3 Likes

Well…
This better be good.

No clue why you would give us these things now. Right now, most people probably do not care about those materials.
Such rewards should be given out during an event that comes with the itemization rework.

Meanwhile, Vermintide 2 has an event with cool cosmetics.

10 Likes

Since a new map is confirmed, can you please add it as an additional map slot per difficulty rather than having it take up one of the existing slots for two weeks? Either that or open up the mission board for more choice, if not conditions, then mission and difficulty.

6 Likes

Disappointed. Again. How does FS manage to disappoint me every single time?

11 Likes

Because we keep hoping they’ll have learned to have a functional company. They don’t.

I’m now entirely serious when I say their dev team is one programmer, three interns, and a potted plant. That’s the team size matching the output I see from this company.

18 Likes

A snow mission? That looks fun! It’s always good to have more biomes.

Y’all used my Wishlist, admit it! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m excited to hear that, please do keep us posted!

6 Likes

Still going hard on the FOMO scam, huh?

Where’s the 14K aquilas you owe PC players?

28 Likes

Do you know what would’ve made a really great Skulls event for Darktide?

Having a developer actually talk about the upcoming itemization (surely you mean crafting?) improvements (and other gameplay stuff) and then immediately posting the detailed dev diary afterwards explaining more details. That’s how you could’ve built hype and interest in what’s to come.

Instead you’re continuing to string along the community, continuing to miss opportunities to grow interest, and continuing to be tone deaf to the state of the game and your audience by releasing an “event” that is incomprehensibly laughable.

Back to the waiting game for another month+

21 Likes

Normally I try to not comment anything negative and just let bygones be bygones when stuff happens but man this is genuinely just pathetic.

Vermintide gets an entire section with a person talking about it’s past, present and future (with them getting a QoL update to chaos wastes) and we get what a 20 second teaser for an update that comes next month?

You couldn’t make a video showing the weapons? Or hell tell us about the weapons in the teaser we have to learn about it in a forum post instead of the twitch stream meant for advertising your game?

Not only that this is what you have to show after all this time since the last major update?

How can you expect us to believe you haven’t abandoned the game when your previous instalment that was released 6 years ago gets more content and showcases than your newest game?

27 Likes

You didn’t have Pick axes :skull:

1 Like

Oh yes, lets continue cosplaying the communist era shop with the artificial goods shortage. It worked out so well for the USRR, I’m sure this time around you will get it right :rofl:

5 Likes

:point_up: :nerd_face:

1 Like

We turn on the conspiracy theorist, I discard one whole card, which must be simply a masterpiece to impress us. Let’s look at the title: Secrets of the Machine God - what’s up with crafting? Will there be anything?

Don’t even get me started on the Darktide board game and card. Like, we JOKED about that a week or so ago. Lol… it was true!

2 Likes

releases information about coming update with new map and weapons…

‘Fans’ go “no content”…

I’d hate to be working at FS making stuff for us

8 Likes