Sienna and Waystalker still spamming

No, Sienna can’t spam endlessly. Not after crit chance nerfed and especially not after the release. Either I was crititng considerably less than before the release or they adjusted heat sink trait, coz I was overheating noticeably more often than I used to

SHe can only @spam@ vs a very dense crowd which doesn’t happen often.

SP They nerfed her passive too…now it just increases crit chance and I suspect they reduced it.

3 Likes

Its kind of odd that you say Sienna is op and reference her Pyromancer ulti specifically but not anything else about her… And then you just reference the Waystalker passive…

Her Pyromancer ulti is very strong but you don’t have “OH FK” buttons like Unchained or the base class. I think the recharge on it (and Waystalker’s) might be a bit too low, but it also is really weird at the moment; sometimes it (and Waystalker’s ult too) will kill an entire room of enemies, sometimes it will hit 2 or 3 slaverats.

Regardless, I think these ults are not a bad thing. And I really don’t think they are nearly as OP as you say they are. They can kill one special every time their cd is up unless the specials are all grouped with no other rats. So many specials spawn in this game compared to VT1, so that really isnt even all that good – you still need some other form of special killing at least. This can be on the Pyromancer or Waystalker along with their ults, but it also involves trade-offs.

Your “wow some guy took 3x as much damage as everyone” example literally proves nothing. You could have had grims which make her heal constantly. She could have just had a regen trait necklace (which doesn’t allow you to heal yourself – a serious drawblack – which is probably why she didn’t take any heals). It could have been a combination of the two.

Wow, nice wall of text there and making it really personal; I’m actually surprised you took that seriously.

Every word I said was definitely meant to be wrong just as how I consider the OP’s comments on Sienna and Waystalker to be.

Slightly shocked i forgot to take a screenshot, but there will be another opportunity, i am sure.

you never know who is trolling and who isn’t. your post sounded just as serious as CannonballBardin’s post. but nevertheless, if you were passing it off as a troll when you really were serious, i can see why you would want to lie

With the ultimate cooldown reduction trait on a beam staff, Sienna can spam non-stop while tossing out fireballs every 5-10 seconds.

Probably works with bolt staff as well, I haven’t tried it.

Beam staff is the other form of special killing. Ultimate is for heat clearing and boss killing.

Remove Total Damage stat.
Implement Damage Blocked stat.

Then lets see how the meta-gaming and playstyles change :wink:

1 Like

I have a sienna as pyro on 25 and i never have to put my bolt staff away due to the overheat reset from f ability. I still do melee on champions, but only cause ff in small alleys and when enemies are in close range.

Good. You are playing as a proper mage ranged class. It’s RPG 101. It5’s called respecting traditions and rules of engagement for a particular class.

3 Likes

Never said she shouldn’t be able to play alot at range. But you just claimed she can’t spam endlessly which is false.

its actually broken how much you can spam with sienna right now. ive gotten 636 ranged kills on champion simply by spamming her fireballs and venting - https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/914666733289527302/23D28AADF926475DCE73D3DCAEAB83A6E2BD4E72/

yeah this was during the beta but from what i can tell the fireball staff didnt get balanced at all so its still possible to spam. IMO venting should do more damage. there isnt enough of a damage penalty from venting.

with the elf i havent really noticed as much ranged spamming but im sure it still exists. however, now it should be harder for her to spam because of the ammo nerf and the nerf to the elf’s lvl 25 ammo talent. those were needed changes.

Well with nerf to hp regen she will just pick ammo regen at 15 now on top of 25lvl talent

Endlessly? She can’t

Crit chance is nerfed.

Heat sink seems to have an internal CD now coz I was getting overcharged noticeably more often.

Even if you use 5% CD trait and exhaust quite often you still have to pause coz you don’t always get crits.

So? An AOE ranged build got the most kills? Shocker! Pure shocker! Burn her! \s

I guess you’ve never played other RPGS.

Since then any respected player cares about kill count? And trash at that.

Sienna’s job is to kill trash and specials. She sucks vs bosses.

I see ehre a lot of salty elves who instead of asking devs to rebalance some talents demand to nerf another class coz we are in sh.t and we want you to be in sh.it.

2 Likes

As pyro I only vent my temporary health, which I have an almost endless supply of and purposely take a hit or two to access. Vent damage won’t do much unless it’s is really high

I think it just needs to reduce less heat. Try 30% less or so for starters and adjust from there. That makes staff less spammable and avoids the fact that temporary health op for basically everyone.

If venting were made to skip temporary health people would just stop using it entirely, which seems even worse to make a game mechanic (venting) completely useless.

Well thats the question what devs intents are. If the Wiz stats ok( i agree that AOE wiz should get a lot of good numbers like that) than they did some random sh*t to other classes or they want to put everyone in the same dumpster and wiz are OP now. It one or another way around. I dont mind 1 class being very good at smth but devs nerfed some boss killing classes to the ground. It’s either overnerf or they forgot to tune down wizards. I would actually prefer classes having distinct traits like fast boss killing or elite sniping/tanking/etc than everyone being medoicre at everything.

Hoo-boy.

Another crusade by @xplosive where he tries to nerf every ranged class in the game so he can roll on with his mediocre dwarf and feel good about his low damage stats.

GG.

2 Likes

you could almost full time staff in V1 if you wanted to as well. this is nothing new. it’s what sienna does… it’s ind of the point of the character to burn trash. people need to get over themselves.

1 Like

If they really want to balance pyromancer, step one is to get rid of the removes all overcharge on casting your active ability, replace it with something that increases the damage and makes it hit a few more targets. As for the temp HP venting, you either need to increase vent damage, force it to take green health, or give it a cooldown. The level 20 temp hp talents have had broken interactions with virtually every class. As for whether wizard is overperforming or not, yes she has big numbers with fireball or bolt staff because they clear trash very well, or she can trade that off for the beam staff that kills specials very well, but at no point does she have a build that simply does everything for the team unless you’re playing on recruit.

no i can just see when things are over powered just like how the spear was. dont get surprised when they nerf sienna. shes OP.

i think as well as increasing her vent damage they should address the fireball spam by making it so you have to charge it more for it to do aoe damage. similar to how they increase the charge required for the flame thrower.

right now u can just charge it for 1 second and it does nearly much aoe damage and a fully charged fireball. that sounds pretty damn broken to me.

Complaining about low cooldown ult, nevously look over at bounty hunter locked and loaded i have gotten down to a 30second or less CoolDown…YEAH! Their spam is crazy <.<