Several logs of this crash (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG & DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET mostly):
console-2021-08-12-00.51.19-7dca27e2-0287-4c0d-a26a-2b6201945986.log (1.5 MB)
console-2021-08-11-06.09.10-75acd40d-481d-4ba2-ba80-dade8a82d572.log (6.9 KB)
console-2021-08-11-03.45.48-923b8993-a81a-42aa-83c8-5042fefe15c0.log (335.5 KB)
I’ve had severe crashes while on the post-mission screen, before you return to the keep, and occasionally on mission load screen. Each time, the crash completely turns off video, and restarting the computer also results in a black screen, until I unplug & plug-in my GPU. This issue ONLY occurs for Vermintide 2; other programs or normal computer restart do NOT cause this. These crashes occurred with & without mods.
I have tried a whole host of solutions & none have resoled the issue, see below. I have to assume it’s a Vermintide 2 specific issue.
- In Vermintide 2 settings, changed max workers to 6, lowered resolution, changed DirectX version.
- Check GPU/CPU temperatures during play & crashes. All temps normal.
- Updated Nvidia drivers (two versions now)
- Updated Windows
- Updated chipset drivers
- Set high performance power settings
- Disabled overclocking
- In BIOS, set PCI link speed to Gen3 from Auto (which matches my GPU)
None of these worked, and like I said the issue ONLY occurs when playing Vermintide 2 on the mission load or mission end screens.