Season 3 coming on June 23

I’m pretty sure FS didn’t think ahead this much.
He will share about to 70-80% the things created for the other Krubers and only the rest will be his own.

1 Like

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2088889530 This mod could provide some inspiration for the devs that are working on the balance beta.

that may be true, but I still find it a dangerous trend, unless the pricing is negligible.
meaning, if this indeed falls into regular dlc territory, and not premium, the price should be proportionate to what we used to pay for the amount of content we used to get. considering that we used to get 2-3 maps plus weapons/cosmetics for 8 euroes, a single career without any new content should be around 2. if it’s not (and i really doubt it will be) it would show it’s considered as a premium purchase, which is something we’d been told would be cosmetic only.
keep in mind it’s just a career, you need to moltiply the cost 5 times to see how much the extra career per character will cost us. if the price is, say, 9 euroes, the extra career per character will cost us 45 peanuts. do you think it’s the right price for a gameplay dlc (with no content) when the game was 25 at launch, and 8 eu used to buy you a map pack?

this kind of merchandising would be understandable in a free to play game, which vermintide is not.

1 Like

Any chance creating a new Career will lead to some changes to weak/useless Talents on the original Careers?

There’s been threads about them since WoM.

2 Likes

I’d wish we’d get more balance changes anyway. Having a meta in general is natural and not a problem at all, but it would be nice if something hillariously op would get some kind of change after a few weeks, not many months. I don’t think many people actually enjoyed the “play Sienna to instantly win”-meta.
It doesn’t usually need to be a giant update to make a game feel good again. But just these few tweaks here and there would make Vermintide quite a bit more enjoyable and obviously could help some… problematic weapons to see the light of day again. There are a lot more weapons I never see in a game, then weapons that are actually used.

FS must keep a balance between free content and the one that you have to pay for.
In my perspective, I’m just pleasantly surprised for every content I do get for free, since I usually expect things (content they had to work on for hours I might also say) to come for a price. After all: The only reason you are able to get your free content is that other people pay for cosmetics and yes, sometimes more or less gamechanging things like a career or a weapon. You get to play almost any payed content anyway, as it’s the case in the maps (Bögenhafen, Back to Uberstreik, Dark Omens) or the entire Beastmen race.

1 Like

Good news I’m happy that I will be able to support the studio that made the game I played now for 57days 17 hours in game , and that I definitely will be play on some more ! with just a few euros for some cool stuff I will enjoy.

3 Likes

On another note, are Weaves skins still coming in S3 ? =D

but victor is the game’s main character Q_Q. the sidekick got a new career before the master. oh what this world has become Q_Q

3 Likes

don’t worry, necromancer saltzpyre is gonna be the next thing :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m tired of posting this everywhere so here is your price tag, a large coffee(4th comment from the top): https://steamcommunity.com/app/552500/discussions/0/2450469119950010106/#c2450469119950131448

Please pass this around cause it seems nobody is interested in doing the slightest bit of research.

Also, if Geg can become a Grail Knight I believe Kruber too, somewhat, has the qualifications:

I still don’t how an non-Bretonnian is going to become a Grail Knight but we’ll see.

6 Likes

Good to know that they will split the career from the challenges and cosmetics. That’s actually a good choice.

Thanks for the wiki link! It was an interesting short story to read, and puts a different perspective on the requirements of meeting The Lady.

1 Like

And if you are bored enough, you can start to look around what the coffee prices in Stockholm are so you can get a reference. Not that I am bored but:

https://www.roughguides.com/destinations/europe/sweden/food-drink/

Here we have given a coffee for about 25 Skr and a coffee latte for 35-50 Skr. Sadly, both are not a “large coffee” so there is stilll some ambiguity for the desperate. But rough guessing would say, current price target is about 5 - 6 $ or 4.50 - 5.50 € (generous price conversion as we will not accept the same price for Euros and Dollars >.<).

For the bonus cosmetics and challenges we have absolutely no idea. Blind guessing would dictate something like a factor of 1.5 to 2.0 for both together.

1 Like

Nice find! That was a fun read! And a very interesting piece. That means that not all Grail Knights are Questing Knights who fulfilled their vows, as Sir Geg simply was approached by the Lady herself and raised him from peasant to Grail Knight.

That makes Kruber being a Grail Knight much, much more probable. I’m sure he still needs Bretonnian blood somewhere in there, but that means he no longer needs to have been a Questing Knight for ages to have sipped from the Grail.

1 Like

Blood does not seems necessary (at least that’s written nowhere). But it’s divinity of Bretonnia (which could mean you kinda are in the region, or adopt Bretonnian culture).

1 Like

I think a compromise is necessary… because it’s almost impossible adding new stuff without stretching a little bit the lore… even now there are some little imprecisions, and I don’t think we should open a contest to see what is “more stretching”. The important thing is that the lore doesn’t get destroyed, and this isn’t the case.

Moreover I thought that only the first career was canon (yep, during the prologue you use FK, but you use Longbow too… with a knight. It’s just something to show you most things possible).

I have a question: if you don’t “buy” the challenges, they don’t even appear (in the Okri Summary) or they appear but you can’t unlock them?

I was aware of both tidbits, thank you very much. As you can read from hedge’s comment it’s pretty much undecided yet, anything could happen. and as for challenges being only in the premium version I called that problematic already. we’ll see what happens but I’m not confident about this, that’s all

Well we do already have challenges linked to dlc (All dlc). And even seasonnals challenges linked to dlc (WoM). And even quests in vermintide 1 linked to dlc (all dlc with maps). So I’m not really sure it’s problematic.

1 Like

I don’t know

1 Like