Season 2 & Patch 2.1.0.1 is live!

Everyone complained about bw are you blind or something? Fixing obvious broken thing is killing fun what?

5 Likes

I welcomed the idea that you can fill empty spots with bots, but in practice they die to the first enemy contact even if you set them up for as much survivability and support as possible. Pretty much useless in the end outside maybe Recruit Weaves.

1 Like

Another fantastic contribution. Well said, good sir. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Not so quaint like stager you’re grandma but yes

1 Like

In can only thank @Nayre for reporting this, the game feels waaaay more fair after that change.
It may got a bit easier as you can tank 1 or 2 hits more during an horde now, but the way it was before was not intended, so all in all, a really welcome fix.

1 Like

You probably forgot your reading glasses, or english isn’t your first or second language :slight_smile:

Why, sure, playing with BW that literally destroyed any difficulty by herself with a certain talent path sure is acceptable?

Look, I understand it might’ve been fun for someone, but consider the fact you’re playing, most likely, with other players on your team. Now, these players probably have different view how to approach this game in terms of fun: some like challenge, some like to get some loot, some like to kill rats and northlanders (and beastmen) just for the sake of doing it. Probably a mix of these is what makes every Vermintide player.

Now: Challenge? What challenge? Everything dies soon after being lit on fire and/or kited while blocking if need be. There is no challenge if you don’t get to experience the tension, the clutch, the importance of being a grim carrier and/or playing crucial role in a flawed team composition. BW will take care of everything, don’t you worry.

Also: Loot? Sure, you might satisfy some people hunting reds, but loot rarely is a reason to play by itself. At least some people might get some for basically no effort, whatever.

Killing rats: Nope. BW takes it all, because Kaboom + LF/FF or the variant with FF and FFA scales off enemy density. The more things you light on fire, the more efficient your ult is, and the quicker you’ll be able to get another one. Melting a whole squadron of Stormvermin? Not a problem. Not anymore, anyway.

Slayer’s QQ cancel is basically the same case. Playing cheese like DK Slayer or Hot Buns will always meet contempt sooner or later from the playerbase, because it’s not fun leeching fun from other players, or relying on a teamcomp that includes one of these careers and effectively trivializes or hampers difficulty in one way or another.

Also, “not in this way”? Hot Buns is still viable and not gutted at all - it’s just not broken in any way or form.

And by the way, what’s the fun in mashing Q while playing Slayer with pauses including smashing ONE attack of the greathammer on one’s head that are SO desolate from your usual experience with other classes? No other class does such thing on purpose, unless it’s partially and situationally effective. In other cases, though? Intangible and obsolete. 2h Hammer/Axe have had a problem with using regular L1 L2, effectively, since it was so slow, but I’m glad this has finally changed.

Balance is a gimmick that will never be satisfied, but it’s shifting constantly and is good for the long-term health of the game. “Competetive” balance changes? Esports-based look on the balance? Look, things change for a reason, and this is the case for competetive games as well. One things gets nerfed, and suddenly the meta shifts - there are other things that are at the top.

You don’t like it? Well then, that’s too bad - backlash is always expected. If you don’t adapt to the changes, though, well, maybe it’s for the best.

4 Likes

I reeaaallly doubt that people are doing this manually because then I could still respect their motorics and their mind-numbing stubborness to reduce oneself to a unfun playstyle for the sake of efficiency. But I think this can be macroed which means all they are doing is keeping one button pressed.

But there is no point in arguing with people whining because of necessary nerfs. They will go to any length to defend broken builds just so they can feel powerful on the highest difficulties. I think you have explained in this post or somewhere before. For game health it is necessary to kill off these broken outliers. And for diversity’s sake it is also necessary to tone down the outlier. I mean we got a lot more balance for this patch than i expected. Nerfs for the most broken stuff and buffs for some underperformer. There are veerry few weapons left which would need some tweaks to make them stronger.

1 Like

Apart from the broken connection, textures missing, can’t connect to the host, crashes, frame drops and others. Funny that I don’t experience these things on other games as I do on vermintide.
All I’ve got is a class that isn’t very good at ranged damage or melee damage and hats that look unfinished.
Oh and people just spamming zealot with billhook and kruber with spear. It’s all for the sake of diversity and balance.

RIP Slayer that stole all the legend run kills with QQ spam, you’ll be missed from the ranks :’(

q cancel isn’t particularly hard to pull off consistently, just put swap on a mouse button. writing a macro for slayer Q cancel is pointless, unless you’re one of those people who macro LMB too

Would really appreciate an update on this when possible.

1 Like

I guess you’ve never played an EA game. Battlefield 4 was so broken for so long it got nicknamed brokenfield. It took a huge game developer nearly a year just to fix the enemies highlighted in red all the time, making it super cheesy and easy to kill people through walls and cover. And don’t forget the no sound bug after finishing a match. The next match would have zero sound for the entire game, 30 mins. Vehicles getting stuck on terrain and exploding, etc. Lol

The problem is that there are more ways to stop a broken build. With BW they took the wrong one.

Another thing. You guys said BW made the highest difficulties easy… Following the logic now last weaves and similar contents are much much much harder than before. I find it unfair toward those players who have still to complete them.
If we add that really few people love how current weaves work… Fatshark should rework them.

But this is the point. I feel that, when there is a broken thing (and “hardcore” players complain about it), Fatshark quickly nerf it. It’s legit. But we have bad/overshadowed things (since dayone) that are still waiting for some love.

Then guys, if you think that slightly increase the attack speed to two weapons’ specific chain is enough… I don’t want to be rude, but I can just smile.

FYI, weaves are easier in season 2 compared to season 1. The damage scaling has been significantly reduced, so you can easily get the 120 frames now without having to use a BW.

Ye, I know, but I would prefer a rework. Not Just a “reducing some numbers”.

Thanks

Star Wars battlefront 2 (2017) is a very good game now. Far better than this game just saying.

Lol weaves affecting base game balance. Typical FS laziness and incompetency.

1 Like

There is zero reason to rework the Weaves. As people mutliple times stated already: Due to the changed damage scaling Weaves got easier. The nerf to the BW doesn’t make them harder, it just makes them less cheesable. That is a huge difference. It is like saying that life suddenly got harder because the police confiscated your magic money printing machine.
So if one relied on money printing/cheesing “absurdly hard” content then the problem is that he did it wrong from the beginning.

So the issue is not that the Weaves got harder but that people quickly grow accustomed to senseless and unfun cheesing and exploiting. All the more showing why toning down overperformers is unavoidable for game health.

I haven’t completed the 120 Weaves yet. And I do far prefer a more balanced state of Weaves which provide a fair and fun challenge in contrast to harder Weaves I could easily cheese. If I cheese Weaves I have completely missed the point and would only show that I play for the wrong reason.

2 Likes

Sorry but I have to disagree… A magic money printing machine would make the life A LOT simplier. This happened with BW and weaves too. Who cares if it was a legit or cheesy or glitchy strategy? Nothing changes.

I don’t know if the reduced damage can compensate the BW’s nerf… We will see it.
But I don’t like how weaves are thought. FoW is a very great challenge, without the need to buff enemies. I don’t see why weaves have to do it. Or at least leave this mechanics for +120 weaves…
For this I would like to see a rework. It’s a larger speech.
I don’t know if someone loves the weaves’ crazy damage… But in every single game to raise some numbers is a very lazy solution to increase the difficulty. It borns an artificial difficulty.

Another problem is the progression. Everyone has a life… Fatshark can’t demand we put our energy into its game like it was a work.
My group decides to play weaves in the X day. In that day I can’t play. Now or none plays until we are all on… Or they complete some weaves uselessly, since they will have to re-complete them with me. It could work only in a perfect world. Not everyone have the perfect group. Not everyone can play always at the same time. Not everyone want repeat the same weaves.

1 Like