RNG frustration

The fact that people who are hoarding chests have a leg up really bothers me a lot. Not on a personal level, because it’s obviously a smart thing to do, but because FS really needs to just give the ppl who’ve been dealing with this crap since launch a handout of some kind to apologize for this debacle.

3 Likes

Personally not a fan of handouts since the best handout would be a few more community admins to increase player communication and moderation, and to fix the game with priorities that the players know about so they know what’s coming.

This type of clarity can obviously be seen as a spoiler from a design perspective but the flawed nature of a lot of things since launch kind of warrants a request towards more clarity and insight in terms of what to expect in the future. And what their current aims and design philosophy are given that they’ve indicated changing priorities with the release state of the game and the roadmap needing reworking.

I know promises are painful however, and that deadlines only cause debt, but for example they showed the dust exchange system off a little while ago and that was a nice step if you ask me.

1 Like

Sure, but after hundreds and hundreds of chests with nothing, it would feel pretty much like getting mugged if you paid for a DLC with a chance to get new cosmetics. Especially without bad luck protection etc.

I played 480 hrs with zero cosmetics, then got two in the same evening. That kind of RNG is just utterly terrible.

4 Likes

Yea don’t worry I hear you, and I can understand why you’d say that. I’m just personally of a different opinion since I’ve seen in other games that it can lead to players constantly trying to ask for handouts for the tiniest issues.

1 Like

I agree but I don’t consider them handouts per se in this context. FS created a situation where the best way to get what you want is to wait and not play, but the game needs players to survive. 1000 hours of cosmetic hunting pre-fix will likely be worthless relative to the changes that are needed and I think it’s accurate to say if the game was designed properly, even hundreds of hours should have been sufficient to have every cosmetic already.

1 Like

You make a good point, so I’ll respect that and leave it at that.

I’d only add with my previous statements - we know they’re working on “it” but we don’t know “what” they’re working on. We know they’re going to solve the dust issue as best as they can short term, but will this be the long term solution? We know they’re monitoring red duplicates but are they monitoring career related drops, droprates, cosmetic duplicates and will they look into tweaking it? And stuff like has the sudden 1.0.8.2 nerfpatch taught them to be a bit more moderate in their tuning on the future?

I guess I get a bit carried away with this stuff, but i’m all for transparent communication - which I believe can be achieved without spoiling an entire content patch / dlc etc.

1 Like

The RNG is worse than that of the average gacha “game”.

1 Like

380 hours still 0 cosmetics so… 32 reds tho, shame they are all duplicates of items I didn’t want in the first place.

1 Like

Holy shît, finally got a Red item that glows. From a deed lol, soldiers chest.

1 Like

I’m worried about those things too. As much as anything at all right now is an improvement in those areas, I’m hoping they do it right.

1 Like

Never though I’d ever say this, but I miss the crappy low rarity “lvl up” trash weapons that we were given in Vermintide 1. At least I could dust them. Maybe they could add some “green dust drops” when you lvl up, in addition to that commendation chest. It would help a bit 'till a new system is put in place.

2 Likes