Rewards for killing bosses/monstrosities

Demon host and the other bosses/monstrosities should give some reward for killing them like in vermintide 2, maybe just diamantite or plasteel or whatever

8 Likes

The beneficent emperor guides us! There is no greater reward than the light of his chosen!

I agree. I would like to see us have the ability to scan the corpse, for hadron of course. She could reward us with blessings at the end of a mission (exp/+1 roll chance for item/% increase on drop quality/materials).

4 Likes

Agreed.

1 Like

Plasteel. Lots of Plasteel.

2 Likes

I really like the idea of scanning them for someone on the ship which progresses something - a cosmetic, lore - something to incentivise it. Global counters/counters within friends would be good too - having a leaderboard where you could look at the global stats or the stats of your friends to see who had destroyed the most Plague Ogryns.

At the very least I do think they need to provide some kind of reward (plasteel/diamantine). Killing the monsters is super fun and an easy way to make it fit the 40K setting is to just have general bounties for slaying them which is then applied at the end of the mission (rather than a big shiny dice appear).

When is it ever optional to kill a monster?

The “reward” for properly handling it is that you did not wipe and lose everything.

1 Like

this…