Reward for killing Monstrosities

Killing a Demon Host, which is optional, does not provide additional rewards at the end of the quest. I pray that the effort to kill said difficult enemies will reward you uniquely, as that would make it more interesting to want to do said objectives. Said enemy probability could also be announced in the quest details and encourage players to want to hunt said targets.

Adding new demons this powerful would also be a great addition to the game, as it would take several players by surprise and enrich the e-experience.

1 Like

I’d rather see them reworked before they give us a reason to do them, since I’ll have to suffer through the boring things all that more often.

1 Like

I agree too, rework them to make them more interesting with an addition of X bonus

I think monstrosities should give a reward.
Daemonhost should be a punishment for pulling it imo.

what do you mean imo?

imo = in my opinion.

How should it be a punishment to make a boss that many times one chooses to do because it is optional?

You can’t always get around it and on the lights out map there are multiple ones. Really don’t understand how it’s appropriate to lose half your squad from walking too close to a thing on the second difficulty which you can by the way, pick at rank one for your first game.

I mean at this rate maybe they should implement Nurgle’s rot and have our characters randomly drop dead of disease?

Because the purpose of it is to be a punishment for being reckless. Hence it kills 2 and leave. It’s an obstacle and I don’t want it to turn into a loot piñata every run because people want that extra bonus. Especially when it spawns multiple times in a run. It’s not supposed to be an “extra” or “optional” boss, it’s an obstacle.

Giving a bonus for it kind of works again it’s own design purpose. I think it’s fine as it is now, except that Shield cheesing it should probably be nerfed.

That’s a spawn issue that should be fixed I agree. I don’t think it having an issue with spawning properly suddenly mean we have to change it’s purpose.

But as I mentioned. It’s just my opinion on it. Don’t want it to get reduced into a bonus mob.

Pardon me but, IT DOESN’T EVEN DROP ANYTHING!

Why frame your feedback based on some hypothetical? Like there is no loot, we don’t need to keep the design bad since maybe one day there will be loot, and the design is bad.

Right now it’s just completely unfun and frankly not dangerous at all as long as you have one class using one weapon. It’s a punishment for being new to the game, it’s a punishment for daring to pick something else than a shield on your Ogryn, it’s an RNG punishment that it spawned somewhere you can’t get around, that’s what it’s a punishment for.

What? You didn’t read the thread?

I’m giving answers based on what the thread is about, which is that monstrosities should give extra rewards. Which I agree with as I mentioned. I do not agree with that Daemonhost should give rewards. Which OP mentioned they wanted.

It’s a feedback thread where we state our wishes.

Edit:
Thought of a reward structure for daemonhost I’d think fit.
You get 100% of a bonus reward for NOT pulling it.
If you pull it you get 0% reward, but IF you kill it after pulling you get 50%
I think that fits the design of the daemonhost.

2 Likes

I agree with what you say since it is to give opinions and, I hope, suggestions to the developers.

Currently my Preacher in game can kill the Demonhost with two charged hits with the hammer. That’s why every time I see him in each mission, I know that he is no longer a difficulty, but rather an objective that could generate some reward.

Even if the Demonhost is not changed, it would be nice to put unique rewards for killing monstrosities that can be optional. They are minor demons but it is very attractive to know that being able to hunt them for some benefit achievement, can give more gameplay to the game

1 Like

As i stated in a different forum thread: plague ogryn and snail of nurgle should drop crafting mats and daemonhost should drop some sort of…dice, like vt2 does, that will increase your chances of getting emperors gift at the end of a mission. Maybe this way people will be incentivized to kill it, rather than avoiding it. Tbh, i dont find the daemonhost that hard. You just gotta keep blocking and dodging that chain attack, till your squad kills it.

1 Like