Response from Fatshark?

If they don’t provide a way to get more chances on rolling items with getting your preferred weapons to show up in the shops on a more regular basis then ya I’m gonna quit playing. I got 300k regular currency and nothing to spend it on. Cause the dam shops won’t provide me with options for my preferred weapons. I had 4500 special currency saved up and due to the special contract store has never provided me with my preferred weapons i decided to gamble it all away and guess what I did not get any infantry lasguns with the sight as that is my preferred weapon I got all the other guns except my preferred weapon. The main currency and special contract currency are Useless at this point. Farming these currencies in the game now feels useless. I feel very bad about this game. If there is no fixing this issue in next 2 months I’ll just move on back to vermine tide 2 and consider this game a dead game.

Hedge cant answer most things due to NDA’s. Thats still just like not responding at all. Also he several times farted out some asinine answers that is more like patronizing the community.

“Crafting dosent fit the theme” “Just get some friends” ect…

1 Like

Crafting doesn’t fit the theme

14 Likes

I think you missunderstood, what he meant was crafting didn’t fit the Game as a Service theme.
If you can get what you wan’t without too convoluted rng what will keep you playing ? What will keep those Engagement meter high ?

7 Likes

What kind of response are you actually expecting really? If you stop and think for a moment, there is nothing they can really say. This train is already on its tracks and up to speed, theres no stopping it. It took them literally years to get it moving the way we’ve just seen it moving. All you can do is jump off really.

1 Like

They’re willing to mess the game up to add a toughness mechanic than contradicts their game design in the last few days before release but they won’t address things like RNG or grind before launch? Crap mission rotation, lazy mutators. Optimisation goes without saying. It’s almost like FS just like antagonising their community. If they don’t want feedback don’t have a forum and don’t have a beta. The toughness bug to me is an absolute win, we told them not to they did it anyway and they f*cked it.

2 Likes

why is it so hard to sell items in standardized sizes? Just sell aquillas and items in the same multiple?

2 Likes

How did they manage it in their previous game then?

1 Like

They had a system where they advertised in real money how much something would cost and then the player could understand exactly how much real moeny they’d be spending. It was also convenient in that you chould spend exactly the amount of money as was advertised for the thing you wanted to buy. Apparently it’s a system thats worked well for thousands of years and was both transparent and intuitive to billions across the globe. Who knew.

I agree with @OrsonMaxwell , This ship has sailed, it’s a monstrous bollock been dropped and it’ll take years to even get close to recovering from whatever the hell this launch is. I take some solace from the fact they might have to invest a bit more time in VT2 to keep that thing going after DT has been such a fiasco.

5 Likes

People paid the exact amount for items and didn’t need to have some goofy currency with pack rates designed to trap excess money in the account.

People (mostly) aren’t complaining about selling cosmetics, it’s the way they are sold. (imho it was in very bad taste considering the game is a shitshow and the prices are insane).

Think they call it whaling, where you aren’t looking for everybody to buy just people that will spend their money in such a crazy fashion. I just can’t imagine it to be more lucrative than cheaper cosmetics sold at greater volume but I guess I’m not on my scumbag dev grindset.

It’s not hard to see that beta is for backend devs - they just needed human bots to generate load traffic to their servers.

1 Like

This this weird attitude devs towards the people that play their games. They listen to QA (lol) people but the fans? Nah.

Shared a maths class with game dev students at uni once and they “dont really play games” which was totally bizarre to me. Probably why lots of games are d*gshit that should never have gotten past initial testing.

7 Likes

Seeing how people defend this Kind of thing with “It’s just a Beta” or “They will fix it in few months” for a broken product that they paid full price, I can understand why people that don’t like video games would create them for some money

4 Likes

Honestly my bet is that they were slated for later “content” updates and know that telling people that will only fan the flames further.

but see even that’s stupid. Currently I’m not playing because I have nothing to work towards actively. It’s ALL based on RNG, and it feels pointless to play for crafting components when I can’t actually craft different guns. So there’s no actual engagement or incentive to continue playing. So this mentality doesn’t even work (at least for me).

4 Likes

I think he was being sarcastic.

It is a real opinion people have though, which is insane to me.

2 Likes

I was being sarcastic indeed.
But I fear it is truely the intent of FS and I agree that bad

1 Like

If we want a response we may have to apply pressure, ive compiled my suggestions here:

3 Likes

thanks king, i would urge anyone on this thread to c heck this guy’s out as well

1 Like

With how things are currently playing out. Darktide managed to hit 100k concurrent players a few days ago, will it still be able to hold that many consistently? Who knows. Vermintide 2 had a similar problem where it managed to have a huge surge of active players in first few months; then said player count shrunk within the span of a few months. What little remained further fragmented after the release of Winds of Magic.

Of course, one thing to note is that Vermintide 2 didn’t have MTX or a cash shop hindering it. So who knows how numbers will look like for Darktide after first month.

1 Like