Requirements for Legendaries (Red Items)

I had my first red while my max item power was ~250 after red drop I was still getting ~250.

From what he said, it didn’t change his item power level gain. He was still getting items with around the same hero power as before he got the red from all his chest he opened after. I think the hero power of items you get from chests depends on how many characters you have to level 30. My elf was lvl 60 and still getting items below 300 power from chests. But as soon as I leveled other chars to 30, the hero power from items in chests went up.

No, it depends on the best item you have ever had. The devs clearly stated it somewhere a couple of times even. And I personally witnessed it in practice - I stacked about 70 commendation chests and instantly got from 200 power to, well. about 270 power by opening them.

But red items seem to not affect your power progression, that’s it.

That’s can’t be correct XD I had my wife save all her chests until lvl 15 and then 30 on her first char. And her first chest was way above starting values, her second wave of chests again was way higher. I’m pretty sure it’s based on character lvl’s. Also, lvl 30 chars seem to get way more orange items in their chests then lower levels. I purposely left saltyboi on lvl 7 just so I can open chests with him for green items. As 2 out of 3 of the items are normally orange on my elf.

How item quality is determined.

Reddit: 1, 2, 3.

1 Like

That’s very interesting. I’m still not convinced from my own experience. Even now, every chest I open is 297-300 hero power. If it went up by +10/-10 per item level, why can’t I get items from 290-300? Nothing is below 297-300. Again, my wife didn’t open any chests and her first ones were way above starting value. At least what she showed me.

But none the less, Reds don’t seem to affect hero power at all.

That’s how engame content work. You’re just capped. But before level 300 that’s woked just like that. Except for the +/-10 part maybe. The max I’ve seen was +5.

i got mine from champ general and emp , i have 2 reds total and a playtime of 250+ hours . Also yesterday i found my first cosmetic Elf horned mask. That is quite frustrating actually.
I dont play legend cuz im not super good and havent got OP build knowledge or simply cuz im not doing that with randoms and i have no mic so i dont want to be a drag on the team.

Im a bit puzzled why the game is so horribly stingy with these things its not like it has much to offer when u have all your chars at 600 power …so a bit more generous once u reached that level would be appreciated for doing emperors on champion (where chests contain crap loot more often than not anyway)

I got a red from a soldiers chest the other day which I received from a deed. I’m guessing they drop from all chests in Legend? I had only ever got them from Emperor or Generals chests in Legend. Is the drop rate of reds the same in legend for all chests? Or does Emperors have an increased chance? If not, might as well speed run and ignore grims.

I got my first red from the first COMMENDATION chest I opened after hitting level 30 on one hero. All other characters are below level 30.

1 Like

Just horde your boxes till all ur characters are lvl 30 , after that keep hording them until the red dupe chaos has ended . Open commendation and poopy boxes so you can reroll on ur current items. Before the rate rework I got a single red despite having all characters leveled but now I have a fair amount of reds… charms trinkets and neckalces to be precise about 40 of them and only 10 weapons mby. I have a friend that only has salt and bardin fully leveled and they get reds quite regularly.

This is the old datamined drop rates
Champ Soldier’s: 0%
Champ General’s: 1.5%
Champ Emperor’s: 4.8%
Legend Peasant’s: 3.4%
Legend Commoner’s: 4.3%
Legend Merchant’s: 7.7%
Legend Soldier’s: 9.1%
Legend General’s: 10.1%
Legend Emperor’s: 16.7%

We can probably assume the percentages on all of them are slightly higher.

1 Like

Threads kind of old, but I would like to contribute that I received Baron Brech’s Beauty at 300 power for Markus out of a Commendation chest. Markus is level 30, every other character isn’t. Aaand I am playing this on PS4, if that’s any different.

1 Like

Well, if you want the updated rate, John over on discord opened up 3000 vaults.

"Rates below.

Peasants and commoners vaults had misleading information or not enough of them to get accurate information.

Merch vault:
680 chests
60 reds
8.8% chance of a red

Solider vault:
679 chests
84 reds
12.4% chance of a red

General vault:
920 chests
160 reds
17.4% chance of a red

Emperor vault:
449 chests
99 reds
22% chance of a red"

And for cosmetics,

“Here is my cosmetic hat and red drop data from 568 commendation chests on my elf:
I got all 9 elf cosmetic hats and 5 red items.
That means every 63.11 chests i got a cosmetic and every 113.6 chests i got a red item.”

1 Like

The veteran items will always be at 300 power and always have the max stat on proprieties. Since the loot system take in account the last power level of what you looted to generate the next loot this is why people would think that you need to have achieved level 30/power 300 on weapons. However i have already witnessed someone without 300 power (more like 250?? don’t remember) getting a Veteran item. But technically, you can get a stuff + or - 5 power from what you previously looted, therefore you should be at least power level 295 on a weapon to be able to loot a red item.

Mate if mine got a few reds before he even hit lvl 30 on 1 character. If you use deeds, you can take people into higher difficulties that they normally couldn’t get into. And it was great for him as well, was getting 2 chests per game. Mind you, it was a real challange for him to even stay alive.

There is absolutely no requirement for the chance to optain red items. Carried a friend(new to the game) through legend deeds (before you say, its impossible for a 15 hero power char to play legend, deeds do not have such a restriction) he dropped a red before being lvl 10 and even reaching 100 hero power

Read again my comment thats what i said there are no requierment for the red looting, but the looting in general follows some rules ^^ Plus of course its possible to do legends deed with no power since the hardest IS to have no power ^^

I know this is a bit old thread, but the reason i’m replying here is the following.
I was personally reading up on how Reds were obtained and stompled upon this.

so I just wanted to share the following picture as I feel like it’s relevant for all the users who google’s red items and finds this thread in particular

lvl 33 at the time. 509 Hero Power, so thats 330 from lvl’s and 179 from equipment (do keep in mind that the charm already is equipped)

Method of obtaining : First Champion Clear, Achievement chest, i forgot the type of chest.

Don’t necropost it will only made ppl read wrong infromation