Random weapon descriptions are awkward

I dunno if it’s just me but it just feels really weird to have a 300 power orange weapon with perfectly rolled properties and an ideal trait, and the weapon description is something like “a weapon of extremely poor craftsmanship, barely worth using for someone just learning how to fight” even though it’s the literal most powerful thing I could be using.

1 Like

the weapon description refers to the illusion or base item it’s on, nothing to do with the rarity of it. you could strip the illusion on a glowing veteran weapon and make it a recruit’s sword with matching recruit flavour text. to change the flavour text, change the illusion. if the red illusion has recruit flavour text on it… well then that sucks, i have one such weapon rofl (templar’s repeater crossbow)

I honestly do think that the default illusion descriptions are really stupid. The writers went into WAY too much detail describing just how badly this weapon SUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, even though all that changes is the skin. No, really, surely they knew back then that all that changed was the skin. Why make it sound like the weapon itself is trash? Was that really necessary?..